“Go for the Outdoors and the Drinks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Las Fuentes Restaurant

Las Fuentes Restaurant
2558 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60614-2348 (DePaul)
773-935-2004
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Fuentes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,942 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: DePaul
Cross street: Halsted and Wrightwood
Tucson, Arizona
“Go for the Outdoors and the Drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The outdoor area in the rear is worth enduring the lousy service. Servers seem to be unhappy and reward the diner with a so so attitude, stay or go, we do not care. However, the pitchers of pina colada and margarita's make up for the attitude, and the sun shining down after a long winter kind of end the chill. The food is kind of so, so. It is far from the best Mexican in the city, and very middle of the road. But you do not come here for the food, you come for the sun and the outdoors and the drinks.
ZB

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I give this place two thumbs up,they have excellent food,and my waiter Juan c.z. was very attentive and made me feel at home,we had great food and awesome service,probably because we had the number one waiter in Chicago!!!!!!!! handsome waiter excellent food and overall terrific service i would go back in a heartbeat!! i travel all the way from Stl,mo to eat here. ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................."LA PEQUENA LULU"!!!!!

• Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful garden experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I travel about an hour from the burbs to go to my fave Mexican restaurant. It's in Chicago near Lincoln Park and New Town. They have a lovely outdoor patio or garden area for dining as well as indoors during the cooler weather.
My favorite is the Burrito Suiezos. Their Margaritas are the best.

• Visited May 2012
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great! Fantastic food, service, and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I went to Las Fuentes with friends last night and thought it was great. I had walked by the restaurant many times and thought it looked fun with its outdoor patio. When we arrived, we were seated promptly. The tortilla chips kept coming and our waiters were very friendly as they helped my boyfriend navigate the menu. I had the Enchiladas Vegetarianas. They were delicious and sweet and just great! Everyone agreed that the portions were pretty large, although mine was on the lighter side-which I am totally cool with! I would recommend going there for anyone looking for great ambiance, service, and food in Chicago.

• Visited July 2011