“DELICIOUS food, ok service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adobo Grill

Adobo Grill
1610 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60614 (Near North Side)
(312) 266-7999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Adobo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #562 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: North Avenue and Wells St
Transit: Brown Line - Sedgewick El stop North Ave bus
Chicago, Illinois
“DELICIOUS food, ok service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I came here on a Thursday night for a late dinner. We chose Adobo because they have a gluten free menu and my friend is allergic to gluten.
We didn't order any drinks so I can't review those but the food was awesome. We started with the Guacamole, which they say they make at the table but its really a station nearby. I loved that they asked us if we wanted it Hot Medium or Mild.
We also ordered the Queso Fundido and the Tortilla soup. Both were good but the Fundido is the best I've had.
For entrees I had the Vegetarian Enchiladas and my friend had the Chicken Enchiladas. She didn't like the mole on hers but mine was to die for! It was corn tortillas stuffed with butternut squash and black beans. Delectable! I will definitely be back for those.
So that was the food, I don't think you could go wrong with the food here but that's just me.
The service was ok. The server seemed uninterested but friendly. When it came time to pay he seemed to be rushing us out for closing even though there were at least five people still there drinking at the bar and another table still eating. When he picked up the signed receipt he even looked at us and smiled and said "We're closed now." I used to work in the industry and I always hated that last table but when there are other people there I would never rush anyone out!
Anyway, I'd still return to Adobo because the service wasn't that bad and the food was amazing. Definitely interested in trying more of the menu!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious, Fun, Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went here on a Saturday night with a pretty large group for a bachelorette party, so, not the easiest table to serve I'm sure! Our server handled all of our requests: some ordered appetizers to share, some had strict dietary requirements, some of us were just plain picky! He offered suggestions for drinks (all of which were spot on for what each person was looking for) and gave us ideas for entrees. Even after one dish arrived a bit chilly he replaced it quickly and with a smile. This place is informal, fun, and great for groups.

New York City, New York
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The food at Adobo Grill was delicious. I visited this restaurant twice in my four-day stay in Chicago and enjoyed the excellent tilapia fish tacos, salmon, and churros with chocolate and caramel sauces. The decor was lovely and relaxing. The restaurant's also right next door to the Second City theaters. The staff was friendly, helpful, and informed. I believe that it was Mario who offered some great tourist suggestions, and shared some of his favorite local places. Adobo's definitely worth visiting for great food, a relaxed local vibe, and a nice experience.

Visited April 2013
Piedmont, California
“Reduced menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have had great meals at Adobo for several years. Always recommended and enjoyed is the fresh guacamole made at your table. However, this time the menu was noticeably shortened and my favorite fish taco dish is no longer available. The waiter suggested ordering the salmon and tortillas and making my own. Not even close! Best thing that hasn't changed is that Second City is next door.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Get the guacamole made at your table - delicious. I had one of the house specialties, a cheese and chorizo casserole dish, which was also great. Recommended if you want a nice, informal meal while in Chicago.

• Visited April 2013