“Nice quiet place on Printer's Row with OK food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amarit

Amarit
600 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60605 (Downtown / The Loop)
312-939-1179
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amarit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,108 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Harrison Street
Fort Worth, TX
“Nice quiet place on Printer's Row with OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were looking for a place close to our hotel and decided to try this place blind. The decor is nice and overall is a quiet, relaxing place for a meal. We started with eggrolls and pot stickers which were good. For dinner we had a rice dish, orange chicken and the sesame chicken - all which were fine.

All in all the food was OK but nothing to remember, but it was nice to find a quiet place for a relaxing meal amid all the bustle of Chicago.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Astor, Florida
“Pleasant classy local place. LUSH SOLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were on Printer's Row looking for a bite to eat. The look from the cold street was warm and inviting. Thai and Pan Asian sounded great to me and my boyfriend was in a accommodating mood so I jumped at the chance! The servers were attentive and helpful. He chose pepper steak (yawn) but he really enjoyed the familiarity. It was properly prepared, the right temperature and texture, and made him happy at $8.75
I however went for something I had not tried before and would fly to Chicago just to eat this again. I had the Lime Sole. They described it as steamed sole fish with ginger, lemongrass, green onion, cilantro, and fresh lime. It did not say anything about the broth. The fish was swimming in this broth, soup on a platter. LUSH. On a cold night this non-soup was just perfect. I will be looking for something like this on menus for the rest of my life.
By the way, the total bill was under $25! For downtown Chicago? Amazing!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love Thai food and found many decent reviews of this place so we gave it a go. We started with the vegetable tempura appetizer of which I found a hair in one of the vegetable pieces. Yummy. When our food came out it was neither appetizing to the eyes or in taste. My husband got the roast duck which looked more like leftovers that had been reheated, and I got the Pad Thai that I had to drown in spicy chili to give even a slight amount of flavor to. Overall, we will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago , USA
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have now been going to this palce as our "local" thai eatery for the last 4 years and never been disappointed. the place is clean, the service is excellent and the food is always fresh and tasty. Prices are amazingly reasonable and we typically get two entrees and an appetiser for around $30 and as it's a BYOB, that's usually the entire bill. For a simple, well cooked Thai meal, this is one of my favourite places. As our family has grown, we've also learnt it is very child friendly- speed of service helping greatly in my ratings of places that are child friendly versus those that are not -and this place comes out tops on that front.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland
“Good, reasonably priced food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This was a no nonsense restaurant, with tasty, mid-priced food.

Visited March 2012