“Cool place. And I always see Iron Mike there when I go.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mike Ditka's Restaurant

Mike Ditka's Restaurant
100 E Chestnut St, Chicago, IL 60611-2014 (Gold Coast)
312-587-8989
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mike Ditka's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 8,380 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Between Michigan & Rush
Transit: Red Line - Chicago Avenue
North Liberty, Iowa
“Cool place. And I always see Iron Mike there when I go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great location and atmosphere. The last 2 times I've gone I've ended up sitting at a table right next to Ditka. I like the set up, it's kind of a fancy sports bar. The food is good but not great. I will say though, for Chicago, the prices are pretty reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Second visit; good food and good times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our second visit. We went with friends and started with the Pot Roast Nachos. We had heard so much about them but never tried them. They were terrific. We had some Friday night and again in the bar on Saturday night.

I had the NY Strip Steak...cooked exactly how I ordered it...Delicious.

Love the wait staff in this place. They really enjoy talking about the Coach (we just missed him) and all of the nostalgia and history of the building, the coach, etc. Fun visit. Will return.

Visited December 2013
Naples, Italy
“Great baby pork ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Got a dinner on Saturday night and was lucky enough to find a spot for two around 9:30PM...I took baby ribs and they were so tender that they were melting in my mouth and infusing all taste of great meat and BBQ sauce in my mouth. A ace that worth some waiting.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“A classic, great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

A great place and a classic in Chicago. The place is always packed so a reservation is a must. I had the "Iron Mike Burger", a Creme Brulee and an espresso. The three things were fantastic, great quality, fresh and well made. The burger is the best, the creme brulee amazing and the coffee is Lavazza so you can't go wrong. The service was great, the waiter Kyle a true gentleman and really knows his stuff, kudos to him. I would certainly return to Ditka's for a great meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, TN
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a great place when you're looking for great atmosphere great food at fair prices. Steaks can't be beat but menu is varied so everyone will find something they like here.

Been to Mike Ditka's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mike Ditka's Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.