“Expected more...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory
875 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-1803 (Magnificent Mile)
(312) 337-1101
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #263 of 7,739 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, International, Dessert, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Split, Croatia
“Expected more...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a lunch in Cheesecake factory in Hancock Building in Chicago, and I thought I will eat the best cheesecake after, but it was pretty much average... I expected more from it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Michigan
“Wait Time to Wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were surprised when we stopped in that the wait was 20 minutes, it did not look to crowded, so we decided to hit a couple shops while we waited. When we returned 15 minutes later it was a different place, VERY crowded. We waited 45 minutes, not easy with the kids, and the pager went off, we were directed to a different hostess stand, where we were told to wait and our table would be ready in a couple minutes. Once we were finally seated the food was good, but not worth the hassle.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Gotta love the Cheesecake Factory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Wonderful selection on the menu, great service. Really enjoy the atmosphere, can be a bit pricey for some but then again you get what you pay for.

Visited October 2012
Howell, MI
“not a great value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

my mother n law gave me a gift card here for my birthday knowing we were going to Chicago. The wait was not long and the atmosphere was great. The food was not that great I was not impressed. I had the jambayla pasta and my husband had the fried mac and cheese burger. We had shrimp and cheese wedge for appetizer and some drinks ot was over 100.00. My husband got sick throwing up all night. This was our first night in Chicago needless to say I would not recommend this place.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A SAD NIGHT'S DINNER FOR TWO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant to have dinner before attending a show at the Water Tower Place a 7:30pm, we were seated quickly when we arrived, but the location they sat us was terrible, it was too crowded, not enough room at all, the female waitress came to get our order, but we had just sat down and needed time to look at menu. So she said she would come back, but took a long time, when we did order, it took our food a long time to come, including my husband's appetizer. We tried to eat some of our food before we had to go, but really couldn;t to be on time for show. So we waited patiently while our waitress stop flirting with two male police officer from booth across from ours to ask for some containers to go. She looked at my husband, but didn;t move, as if he didn;t speak english about the containers we needed, so he asked again, then it took her a really long time to bring them back, however, the containers were just two small for all the food we had, so he asked for more, she stood there watching us put some food in other containers, we explained to her we had to go to be on time for our show. My husband asked her to please get the check so we could go and bring more containers. Would you believe that took her a long time as well, but we still made it on time despite of the service we received from our waitress holding us up. The food was not as good and we had to later eat some of our food after the show, when we returned to our hotel that evening. We both have been here before, but had better service and better tasting food!

Visited January 2013