Attended: February 17, 2013
I do all my trip planning with significant research done on Trip Advisor. For years now I have not been let down by the reviews of the fellow travellers.
Something has gone really awry here. Maybe I didn't read between the lines well enough. Here is my story in point form.
- arrived on time for 6:30 reservation. Walked into a tiny, crushed for space, crowded, loud atmosphere of absolute chaos. There were customers standing in the doorway and waiters trippping all over them and themselves. Not sure why we didn't leave right then.
- announced ourself to a waiter (I think - maybe a manager) who said they were behind and that "we should leave and come back in 15-20 minutes".
- We stood outside in a lean-to and spoke with another customer who loves the food but says reservations are generally pointless.
- returned inside 20 minutes later to be sent to a standup bar down a narrow hallway leading to the back of the restaurant. There were dining tables in the hallway! One could barely stand at the bar without being run over by wait staff. The entire place is in a panic.
- to be courteous we tried our best to look away from the people seated at the hallway tables - not 2 feet away!
- wouldn't you know it, 40 minutes after our reservation time we were seated at one of those hallway tables. See my attached picture to get an idea of what it was like to sit there. A crowd of girls were next at the bar and were fixing their hair in the mirror over our table. Come on! You've got to be kidding.
- the waiter dropped a menu - arrived back 5 minutes later. Took our order. No interaction whatsoever.
- the food was okay... Not sure how so many people have thought it was the best they had ever eaten. My wife had a massive piece of meat lasagna that was cold right thru. We thought if we sent it back we would never see it again. I had seafood pasta. The shrimp were tough (over cooked) and the scallops were 2" diametre and absolutely tasteless. At least it was hot.
- with people hovering over us, the noise and chaos we couldn't get out of there fast enough.
In my mind they have way over extended themselves (too many tables in a small area) and as such their customer service is in the tank. The whole experience was uncivilized and quite frankly awful. Best you know what you're getting into when you listen to the reviews below. This, I hope, is taken as fair warning. We would not return.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.