“Great place for friends to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Twisted Spoke

Twisted Spoke
501 N Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL 60642-6422 (West Town)
312-666-1500
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: West Town
WDC
“Great place for friends to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite places to relax with friends - great menu, good selection of beers, great bloddy mary's... no complaints here.

Visited September 2013

“Hits The Spot Anytime & Everytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ladies roof deck lunch party... Of course fabulous bloody mary menu/homemade mix, with a beer chaser. Had the best chicken curry salad! Friends had shrimp po'boy, breakfast tacos, & bbq chicken sandwich...all large portions & very tasty. Great service & great funky ambiance. Cant wait to return!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Beer, Food and Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently had a late lunch at Twisted Spoke, a friend who works in the city brought me there. It looks kind of funky on the outside, but the real charm is inside. The beer selection is really good, and I had a bloody mary that was tasty and included meat, a pickle and beer. The server was friendly and attentive, and our drinks and foods came out pretty quickly. The food was excellent as well, I had a fried egg and bacon sandwich that was huge and came with some decent fries. My buddy got a burger, it was huge and he said it was delicious. But the best part of the meal was the bacon tempura. I had never heard of bacon tempura, or even in my wildest bacon dreams imagined that someone would create/invent bacon tempura. It was the culinary highlight of my trip to Chicago. Delicious fried bacon, tempura breaded and then deep fried again, and served with a tasty dipping sauce.

If you're close and looking for lunch/brunch you should check this place out, and if you're not close but you love bacon you should also check this place out.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Cruz, California
“Appetizers Galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Instead of ordering huge meals for lunch, my son, his girlfriend & I ordered 4-5 appetizers which proved to be way too much food!
As deliscious as it was we just could not eat it all, so we took it home!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, Ohio
“Rustic Diner With Tasty Abundant Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter recommended this place near her work. It's in an industrial part of Chicago - mostly wholesale meatpacking and produce establishments. The diner is supposed to represent a mechanic's garage because there are many used car and motorcycle parts laying around and hung on the walls. We had a umbrella table (picnic table) on the roof of the building. The menu was a clipboard with several loose-leaf pages of food and drinks selections; the first several pages were mostly beer choices. The four of us ordered a varied selection. My wife had the fish & chips which was twice as much as she could eat. I had the daily lunch special which was a hamburger cooked to my specification, loaded with choice of cheese and condiments. Fries and a beer came with the reasonable $10 price tag. It was and interesting experience with good food. I'd come back here if visiting near my daughter's workplace again.

• Visited July 2013