“Opa!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parthenon Restaurant

Parthenon Restaurant
314 S. Halsted St., Chicago, IL 60661-5482 (West Loop)
312.726.2407
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #885 of 7,739 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Loop
Houston, Texas
“Opa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hard to decide among the many restaurants in Greektown, but Parthenon is a winner. Loved the lamb and the flaming cheese (Saganaki). Everyone is extremely friendly from the bar by the door to the kitchen in the back. They had one goal to make sure a good time was had by all. Mission accomplished.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Lima, Peru
“Great place, fun and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed the food. The famous Saganaki is a must, you need to order it. Plates are big unless you are really really hungry, get just half a plate of gyros. Dessert was also really good. The waiters are fun... One place I would really recommend if you visit Chicago.

Visited August 2013
LaPorte, Indiana
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Over the past 30 years our family celebrated innumerable birthdays, casual dinners and other occasions at the Parthenon. On a recent visit--9/1/13 (actually a family reunion) we (party of 15) were all very disappointed to find several changes: fewer menu choices, decreased quality of food and increased prices. We will not be back very soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Get the flaming cheese!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

6 of us arrived on a Sunday afternoon to give this restaurant a try. The dishes are served family style and you can order for as many people as you like. We really enjoyed the flaming saganaki. We ordered the village salad for all 6 of us and the waiter forgot to bring it. By the time he realized his mistake we were full from the other items we had. The food was so-so. I would return but only for the flaming cheese. Parking can be a challenge but they offer valet parking for free.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Did I eat at the same place reviewed here?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Based upon a native Chicagoan's recommendation, I chose to eat here. It was about 1:30 in the afternoon. The place was almost empty. There was not wonderful aroma to greet me. The staff were lovely. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for most of the food my group ordered. First the good. The bread was great. The chicken Athenian style was very flavorful and had just right crispy skin. The kalamata olives were very good. Now, the rest: tzadziki-thick and greek-style, nice garlic taste. Mild hint of dill, but the yogurt had a strong off-taste--the kind I would have tossed out of the fridge at home. Oh, and it had so much salt that it burned the taste buds. The cheese rolls were petite and tasty. The hummus was blah. I also ordered the lamb spare ribs. They were so fatty that I could only eat the outer crispy layer and microscopic meat particles. I have read the many positive reviews and am having trouble reconciling my meal with those reviews. I should have gone to another restaurant brimming over with clientele.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere