“Very close to Millenium Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
135 E Lake St, Chicago, IL 60601-5977 (Downtown / The Loop)
(312) 616-1200
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Gonzales, Louisiana
“Very close to Millenium Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It's in a good location if you are at the park and want a true Chicago style deep dish. It's just across the street from the north end. The restaurant was clean and the service was good. It took a good 30-40 minutes to get the pizza, so definitely don't go if you are in a hurry. I suppose I wasn't prepared for how much cheese is really in a deep dish pizza, so it took me by surprise and I almost couldn't eat it. Seriously, a large bite of this pizza is 95% mozzarella cheese and 5% everything else. A whole mouthful of cheese in every bite! Regardless, the flavor of the pizza was very good, I loved the crust, and although we ordered a small for my husband and I, we had plenty to take home.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
North
“Wow....THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have tried a lot of pizza in Chicago.....you cannot beat Giordano's!!! The service was excellent! Plan accordingly because the deep dish pizza takes 40 minutes but it is worth every morsel of cheesy goodness to wait for it!!! Highly recommend!!

Visited April 2013
Washington, DC
“A delicious diet-buster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

With a taste just like I remembered from 25 years ago, there are now Giordano's all over Chicago. It's still a 40 minute wait for the cooked-to-order pizza; the tomato sauce is tangy and the pepperoni spicy. The salads are all serviceable, and the decor pretty tacky, but honestly, you're there for the crazy stuffed pizza.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I bought a small Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza from the take out menu which was magnificent. The wait for it was 40 minutes but was well worth it. Although it was small I only managed to eat half before having to give up. Everyone should try one of these at least once.

Visited March 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“Deep Dish Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visited for an early dinner with coworkers during an out of town conference. It was within short walking distance from our hotel, the Hyatt Regency. We placed our orders while waiting for a table. The small pizza will definitely feed 2-3 people. The pizza was good but not great. My coworker said it reminded her of cheesesticks. The mozzerella was good. Although my pizza had green peppers, pepperoni, onions and mushrooms, it really lacked flavor, even after adding crushed red pepper. We were glad to have had deep dish pizza while in town but can't say I'd go back. I've had better deep dish pizza.

• Visited March 2013