“All About the Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
63 W Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60654 (Near North Side)
312-943-2252
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Clark Street
Transit: 2 blocks west & 2 blocks north of Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) stop at Grand & State Streets.
Description: Hard Rock Cafe is located at the corner of Clark & Ontario in the heart of Chicago's River North neighborhood. Open 364 days per year, the Hard Rock offers something special for everyone. Not only will you receive an incredible dining experience, but you will get the chance to view Chicago's portion of the world's largest music memorabilia collection. In fact, you never know when you may run into a local celebrity, musician or athlete, or even better, have the chance to see a live music event featuring the best emerging & established artists around. Visit www.hardrock.com/chicago & click on "events" to see the upcoming events for 2008. We also welcome help when it comes to our philanthropic efforts. Remember, "Love All, Serve All" & "Save The Planet" are the mottos that capture the spirit of the Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago. So, be sure to make your online reservation TODAY & get the most authentic experience that rocks at Hard Rock Cafe in the Windy City of Chicago!
Iowa City, Iowa
“All About the Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

While we were downtown we decided to stop and eat at Hard Rock Cafe, it's been at least 5 years since i've eaten at one in L.A.. Of course the atmosphere is always great, awesome music playing, cool music memoriabilia everywhere you turn, and a nice gift shop to purchase Hard Rock Cafe merchandice. We went on a Wednesday night around 6:30 and we were able to get a seat immediately. It took awhile for our waiter to come around and get our drink order. I had a NA beverage made with Pineapple, Orange Juices with Sprite and Strawberry Puree, I chose the smaller size (the bigger one comes with a cup that you can take home). It tasted really good, definately sweet, needed a big glass of water to go with it. My friend got a blue margarita and she said it was fantastic. For dinner I ordered the Famous Cheeseburger (or whatever they call it) it had cheese, 2 slices of bacon, and an onion ring on it. It was HUGE, and cooked well; but really it was just a $16 hamburger that I could've eaten across the street at Portillo's for $7. It came with fries and they were straight out of the fryer delicious! My friend ordered their Pulled Pork Sandwich, also came with fries and she said it was pretty good. I only had 2 big complaints, our waiter was never around, he took our order, disappeared, our drinks came not from him(without water glasses), then he stopped by realized the missing water and gave us some, disappeared, our food came - not brought by him, extra ketchup and ranch delivered - not by him, half way done with our meal and he finally shows up again to see how things are going. Then he disappears for a long time, our plates have already been removed from our table and we were just sitting waiting for our ticket at an empty table for over 10 minutes. He finally brings over our ticket and we just handed him our credit card without even looking at the ticket, just to make sure that he wouldn't disappear again. To his credit it looked like he was managing a different section of tables in the restaurant as well, but I felt like maybe one of the other 3 waiters in our section that were standing around the majority of the time should have taken over our service. The only other complaint was that everything on the table, including the menus, were just dirty. The menus were sticky, the pages were falling apart, ripped on the corners, pages were sticking together. It's really time that they updated those things or put out some new ones. It made me wonder how clean the rest of the restaurant is.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Jimmymac9999, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We certainly fell short of expectations during your visit. Having great food is not enough if the level of service drops. I would love to invite you back and experience the level of sevice you should have gotten and deserved. Let me know if you will be in the city again.

Thanks,

Alesund, Norway
“You know what you get”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you like to visit Hard Rock Cafes around the world, you know what you get. We had a great time at Hard Rock Cafe. Also live music on stage was cool.

Visited October 2012
Roger,

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you had a great time at our cafe in Chicago. As you found out, we have a great live music program with approx 3-4 shows per week. If your travel bring you back to Chicago, please contact me and I will take great care of you and your guests.

Stephens City, Virginia
“Typical Hard Rock Cafe and we liked it that way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Growing up, my family travelled a lot internationally and collected Hard Rock Cafe shirts. So my husband and I decided to go to the Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago and everything was wonderful. The food was good and the service was great and relaxing! Our server was wonderful and was very attentive without being overbearing. The only reason that I did not score the overall rating as excellent is because it did not stand out over other Hard Rock Cafe restaurants.
The restaurant is in a great location, close to shopping and other venues.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
We take pride in delivering great food and service to our guests. We appreciate your visit to the Chicago cafe and hope you get to another city that has a cafe as well. I know you will get the same great food and service there. Thanks again!

Purcellville, Virginia
“Classic Hard Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I made our trip to Chicago without big plans for eating out. Our one must do was to hit the Hard Rock and we were not disappointed. I know that Hard Rock has a pretty standard menu from one location to another. So the main factor for my review is the atmosphere and service.
Our server was great. He was even so kind to as to ask around the staff and answer a bit of music trivia for my wife and I. We had a short wait for our food and were very pleased with the quality of our meal.
The atmosphere was as much as we had anticipated. Great iconic rock and roll decor, good music and an overall enjoyable time. We realize that getting above what you expect at such a cookie cutter establishment is a tough thing to do but we had a great experience and would definitely recommend this Hard Rock location to anyone that likes the rock and roll experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
I am glad you had a great time during your visit to the Chicago Hard Rock. My staff absolutely loves Rock and Roll trivia and are experts in the Memorabilia that we have here. Thanks again, and I hope you get the opportunity to come back to Chicago soon. We will have some new trivia for you!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had an excellent steak (New York Strip) here on our first night in Chicago. What a welcome. It was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten! Staff very attentive and plenty to see whilst you are eating and during a walk round the interior afterwards.

Visited September 2012
Jimmymac9999, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thanks for joining us while traveling to Chicago. I agree that our steaks Rock and hope you come back to sample our BBQ as well!! I think you will be impressed. If you are ever in Chicago again, please look me up!

Cheers!!

Jim McGann

Been to Hard Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hard Rock Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.