“find somewhere else to eat dinner” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cyrano's Farm Kitchen

Cyrano's Farm Kitchen
546 N Wells St, Ste 2, Chicago, IL 60654-8191 (Near North Side)
312-467-0546
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cyrano's Farm Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,497 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: La Salle & Ohio
Transit: La Salle/Ohio bus - close to the Red Line
Description: Cyrano's Farm Kitchen, owned & operated by acclaimed chef Didier Durand, features a fresh, rustic menu from his childhood days in southwestern France. The food is French Farm Cuisine and will remind you of a simpler, healthier, tastier time. The atmosphere is warm and country and features 125-year-old barn wood. Cyrano's Farm Kitchen is located in the heart of River North.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“find somewhere else to eat dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended and we were appalled with our experience at Cyrano's. First of all the waiter was terrible. We had to flag him down for everything (can we have a menu, bread, water, etc.), he brought the wrong beers (harvest beer in February). The food took over an hour. My steak and fries were cold when it finally did arrive. The food itself was surprisingly mediocre - McDonalds french fries, dry and tasteless chicken/crepe appetizer. As we left I told the chef how disappointed we were and he stated "this was my fault. I messed up tonight. Let me make it right and mail you a gift card." We've waited 10 days and nothing...

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

grand rapids, mi.
“Charming bistro with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Charming, cozy place. The Amish Chicken was wonderful, comfort food. Desserts are a plus here, inventive and sophiticated. Truffles were amazing. We had an excellent server. Low key with a neighborhood feel.

Visited February 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Cyrano's Farm Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I don't know what this place was before but the food I had was excellent! It had a nice atmosphere but it was way too empty for how good the food was. It was a Thursday evening, but this is Chicago, right? I see the other reviews about what this place used to be - not sure if that comes into play or not. All I can say is that the food I had was excellent.

Started off a little rough though. They didn't have the beer or wine that we ordered. But it got better from there. The baguette and butter was solid.Then I ordered the rabbit rillette and ostrich rillette. The ostrich was awesome. The rabbit flavor was quite underwhelming. My coworker then ordered the duck breast and I ordered the bistrot steak. He offered a taste of the duck. Cooked perfectly! My steak was so tender and rich. The fois-gras butter and pommes frittes just made that a knock out entree. Couldn't have asked for a better dinner!

I hope they normally have busier nights. This place is a gem.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice atmosphere, pretty good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Unfortunately I don't have much else positive to say about this disappointing restaurant. Maybe we just happened to hit an off night. The service was slow and sketchy. Our vegetable dishes arrived at the table after we had finished our entrees. The appetizer a cheese and fruit assortment was very good. My steak was dried out and tough but the other three members of our party were satisfied with their food and in fact the duck was very good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis
“Delicious food, fabulous decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We met friends and family here before seeing a show. The wait staff kept us on time but did not push us in the least. The food could not have been better. We had traveled to France with these friends earlier in the year so this restaurant was picked for the French food and atmosphere. It really to call to mind the french countryside. We will go back for sure.

• Visited November 2012