“One of Chicago's Finest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Nomades

Les Nomades
222 E Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60611-3258 (Near North Side)
312-649-9010
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Nomades is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: St. Clair
Transit: Michigan Avenue
Bonita Springs, Florida
“One of Chicago's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Beautiful dining room. Top notch service, with food and wine. Not pretentious. Friendly, efficient and professional staff throughout. The wine glasses could have been better. Varied menu with many specials. The chef's amuse bouche was delicious. The fois gras was phenomenal and the lobster ravioli was not to be missed. Good, crusty bread. Duck was crispy as requested and the Dover Sole was fabulous. The cheese selections were just okay. The grand marnier soufflé was to die for!! Everything was Wonderful!

Tupelo,ms
“Always excellent,so consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had dinner at Les Nomades last night.I've eaten here a half dozen times over the past 5 years,and it is always,without exception,a wonderful experience.Nouvelle,but not oppressively so, and garnished with classic touches,such as a superb soufflé .Pleasant rooms,an attentive staff.Good wine list.It's expensive,true,but you get what you pay for.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath, Michigan
“Incredible! Please read the last section!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We called for reservations and left a message. They returned our call, but as we were traveling, I didn't answer their message. They called again and were so very cordial and welcoming. What service!!! They reminded me that jackets were required. That was one reason we chose them!

The result: a culinary masterpiece. Not since the Louis the XIV in New Orleans or Biggs in Chicago years ago have we experienced dining of this caliber. The food, service and atmosphere made our dinner even more special. One person had a cell phone go off and the staff IMMEDIATELY told her that was not permitted, but in the CLASIEST way possible. THANK YOU Les Nomades.

THE FINEST GRAND MARNIER SUFFLE - EVER! Each dish a masterpiece and presented with the pride their offerings deserved. Their Sommelier recommended a spectacular selection. No haughtiness in the staff. No need. The food, decor and presentation more than address their justifiable pride in Les Nomades.

As we prepared to leave, the waiter asked about having our car brought up as it was POURING rain. As we were staying right next door, we assured him it was fine for the quick walk. Let me tell you, it was REALLY raining. As we exited the dining room, The OWNER was there with her rain coat on and two umbrellas and insisted on walking us to the hotel! We were beyond stunned. We will NEVER visit Chicago again without eating at Les Nomades. Period.

Vancouver, Washington
“Authentic French”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have a client that enjoys great French as I do so during a visit to Chicago I asked the hotel for recommendations and this was it hands down. And I was not disappointed.

Even entering from the street it was the appearance of being in France, the dining area is decorated in typical French, crisp white table cloths and well dressed wait staff. I somewhat disagree with previous writers as being "well spaced" tables, rather a typical French, close!

The food, nothing less than fantastic served in normal small portions, well presented. Wine list is equally impressive.

Try it !

Chicago, Illinois
“Very Polished Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is perhaps the most genteel restaurant in which I have ever dined (you dine here, you don't eat). Les Nomades occupies several floors in a townhouse, and the atmosphere is hushed. Tables are well-spaced and comfortable, and the service is outstanding. There is a huge and very interesting wine list (and also a couple of the best beers that I have ever had). The food is also very refined and polished -- my wife likes it better than I do (she craves French food, and tells me that I have burned out my taste buds on too much Thai). I still wait to be blown away by a dish, but the food is very good. Prepare to gasp at the bill.

Visited January 2013