“A good choice!!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Doing business
Granger, Indiana
“A good choice!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We chose this restaurant to eat because of the location....I would choose it again now because we had a delicious dinner with good service. We went on the architecture tour on the Chicago River and had made reservations with Bella Bacino's. We were seated immediately and our waiter was at the table in a timely manner taking a drink order and told us the specials. We had calamari for an appetizer, very good and fresh with a light crispy batter. Our group all had salads....Caprese, Poached Pear, Caesar and I had the warm goat cheese salad....very yummy!!
Dinners we ordered were Filet of beef tenderloin, Veal Saltimbocca, Chicken parm(one of the specials) and I had the Fruti di Mare...it was good but lacking in seasoning.
We finished off the meal with creme brulee and tiramisu, both were very good.
We had an attentive waiter and wait staff....only complaint was the restaurant was very warm and stuffy, the a/c should have been on!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Surrey, UK
“A lovely breakfast on a cold Chicago morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a lovely breakfast here one morning during our 5 night stay in Chicago and was really pleased with the quality of the food, the choice available and the service. We had walked up to Wildberry Café (rated number 1 in Chicago at the time of visiting) and were told we’d have a 45 minute wait. I couldn’t bear that and neither could my 12 year old daughter, so we tried Bella Bacino’s and were seated straight away. I am always impressed by the service in US (and Canadian) restaurants. Coming from the UK, the difference is remarkable. The instant glasses of iced water, the waiter/waitress who tells you their name and the knowledge about the menus is just non-existent in the UK.

Huge choice here. I picked the 2 egg omelette with Canadian bacon, cheddar and spinach. This came with hash browns which was more like potato rosti – delicious with a real ‘just made’ freshness – and plenty of toast. Even the ‘English Breakfast’ tea was hot (this is where, sadly I am usually disappointed. But – well, you don’t go to the States to drink tea!) My daughter polished off a huge breakfast of bacon, hashbrowns and eggs ‘over – medium’. This was another fab thing we loved here. The choice of how your eggs are cooked. Not just fried, poached etc but ‘how’ you want them done ‘over easy, over medium’, etc. Again, not something you get in the UK. We have a lot to learn in our British restaurants. I can’t quite remember my husband’s meal but he was more than impressed and our bill came to around $35. In Sterling this would be about £24 - £8 each. For a UK breakfast of a similar quality I would expect to pay at least £15.

We also ate a lunch here on our last day before getting to the not so nice Terminal 5 of O’Hare airport. Very nice pasta and salad -what you might expect at any typical trattoria, but nice nevertheless. A little more expensive than you would expect on lunch for Pasta Bolognese and Ravs. Friendly service though and ideal for us on that day. I’m not sure if I would come here for dinner but would definitely recommend for breakfast and possibly lunch. It is a little shabby downstairs in the extended restaurant area and looks like it could do with a bit of a facelift as it’s a little old fashioned. Overall though, a pleasant experience.

Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“I Will Vouch for the Pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We actually visited this place twice on our recent trip to Chicago. The first time I had a thin crust pesto pizza. Definitely one of the best pizzas I've had. The crust was perfect.

Two nights later we visited again, only this time we tried the Chicago Deep Dish variety of pizza. It, too, was excellent: huge, decadent, and delicious pizza, Chicago-style.

Personally, I prefer the thin crust pizzas and Bella Bacino's does it the best, but if you're the type that likes the deep dish then these guys do it well, too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Really fantastic pizza, both deep dish and thin crust”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Bella Bacino's was right next door to our hotel so we thought we would try it out. It was a very lucky find for us and we ended up eating supper there again the following night. The first night we were there was a Friday and it was quite busy. The service was a bit slow and scattered but our thin crust pizzas were delicious. They also have an excellent wine list. We weren't told about the deep dish pizza due to a bit of a spacey waitress and only found about it when the table next to us ordered it. We tried it the next night (the service was better on Saturday) and it was fantastic! The crust wasn't too thick and the toppings were loaded on under a really decent amount of mozza and sauce. The créme brulee was the best one I've ever had - it was very simple, not too big, and incredibly smooth and tasty. Even my boyfriend, who isn't really a dessert guy, loved it. If we're ever in Chicago again, we will definitely be visiting Bella Bacino's.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“A little known gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had dinner there. A lovely salad with finely sliced seasoned tenderloin. I plan to dine there again when I return to Chicago.
Prices are reasonable.