“South side treat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hackney's

Hackney's
733 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60605 (The Loop)
(312) 461-1116
Neighborhood: The Loop
Chicago, Illinois
“South side treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

For those who know Hackey's from the suburbs, here is a little south loop treat. Was there on a Sunday for Bruch, but once inside, had to pass on the eggs to get a Hackney Burger!! YUM, delicious as always. Comes with your choice of 6 different side items, so if you do not want fries, there are healthier options. But I would suggest the fries as they are battered and golden fried to perfection. The olny draw back was slow service. Was not very crowded when we were there, but the wiat staff has a tendency to get lost. The bar staff is friendly and outgoing, and a large selction of beers, including many craft beers..

• Visited May 2013

bay area, california
“Beer lovers, Burgers, Breakfast & More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had take out from Hackney's twice on our last trip as it was around the corner & we had a sick relative unable to go out. My husband had gone there several times before and while waiting for take out he would try one of their stout beers during their "Stoutuary" month...their bar has a pub like atmosphere, but the restaurant portion, although small is comfortable and very nice. For their food - great burgers with several selections of buns - pretzel bun was a favorite on an inside out burger (bacon & cheese on the inside of the burger). For mother's day we ordered off their brunch menu - great chocolate chip pancakes for the kids (BTW kids menu good), eggs benedict and then I split a mexican skillet with my husband (chorizo, avacado, eggs, potatoes, salsa & side of fresh tortillas) - again yum. Loved the new host, he was very nice and courteous as well. :)

• Visited May 2013
Toronto
“Yes, I said it- terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Just went there tonight after many of the reviews I was very excited to go - however, my husband and I left very disappointed. We ordered the fried onions to start with- maybe I was expecting some ing big and delicious and they were as stated "fired onions" - no biggie. You can get these anywhere (same with the French fries - might as well buy McCain frozen fries). Had the Hackneys burger on rye - again I thought this would be incredible. It literally was a patty between two pieces of rye bread (not even toasted- just slapped together). You put on your own toppings.

Also, the service was either too efficient or just rushing us out. We got our appetizer of the fried onions and then after two bites we got our main. Most restaurants wait until youre close to being done your apps before brining the main.

I don't get all the "hoop-la". I guess I'm missing something. Will never recommend to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Hackney's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great Selection of Burgers, I love the "inside out" buger a great selection of craft beers, local and regional beers. Can you beat $4.95 martini? It does get crowded on the weekend, service is excellent. I suggest going on Monday or Tuesday for 1/2 price bottle of wine.

• Visited March 2013
Two Rivers
“Excellent Burgers - a Must Stop when in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Been here twice and had great meals and service both times. This figures to be a regular stop every time we are in Chicago.

• Visited March 2013