“Really good pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 7,739 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Hollis, Oklahoma
“Really good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm not too crazy about deep dish pizza so I can't say that I love what Chicago is famous for.......but Lou Malnati's has a really great thin crust pizza that my family and I loved. Staff was courteous and place was clean.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Great Deep Dish Pizza in Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went there during my trip to Chicago with my friends/family last week and by far it exceeded expectations! Would highly recommend. I would call ahead since it seems like there is usually a 1-2 hour wait on weekends.

Visited September 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“1 of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is one of the best Chicago deep-dish pizza places. Thankfully, it is a little less expensive than Giordano's and a little less crowded.

Visited January 2013
Boston
“Not a fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

First of all, you can pre-order your pizza. When we placed our name on the waiting list, the hostess did not explain this. So we did not know that you can order your pizza, so that your wait to be seated and your wait for your pizza is rolled into one long wait.

We were seated in about an hour. We ordered the Malnati salad which was very good. However, when our deep dish pizza came, it was not hot. It was just warm. Hmmm, we did not pre-order, so not sure why. Also, the pizza has a pie crust. I mean it tasted like the pre-made crust that you buy in the grocery for blueberry pies. And then most of the time, tasted like uncooked dough.

Sorry, if this is what a great chicago deep dish pizza should taste like, then I am just not a fan.

Our server was nice though and kept our drinks refilled.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Borderline average, not to my taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Service was quick. Garlic bread was quite dry and barely toasted. The pizza itself was quite yeasty in taste, soggy base, too much cheese but the tomato and sausage was flavoursome.

Visited October 2013