“Somewhat disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 8,382 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Cleveland, Ohio
“Somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here and based on our hotel's advice my husband and I decided to get delivery to our hotel from Lou's (it was a rainy day in Chicago). The service of the girl on the phone and the guy who delivered was great however the pizza left me disappointed. We had "the Lou" and it was pretty bland. The house salad was good and the prices are reasonable but I wish the pizza was tastier.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Not a fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I love New York pizza but wanted to try Lou's because of all the rave reviews. The place is very busy and takes about 1/2 hour once you place your order. The pizza was not bad it just was not my favorite. We had a couple beers, cheese bread, pizza and leftovers for under $50 so it is a great value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“Now that's a pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I can die happy after eating Lou Mainati's pizza. For the first time in my life I understood the reasoning behind people calling pizza a pie, this was a pie. The crust was butters and flaky and there was just so much cheese. I gained five pounds in Chicago, and it was worth it. GO HERE!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines Iowa
“Not disappointed !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was torn between Giordanos and Lous' because these were the two most talked about pizzerias when I asked around. We went with Lous 'because the bellman at our hotel said it too. The decor is very cool,and our service was prompt and friendly. They have an interesting drink menu which I like because I love trying new cocktails. Our pizza took about 30 min but they will tell you that beforehand. We ordered the deep dish pepperoni. The cheese was my favorite part. A small was enough for myself and my daughter. Would eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great Salad, good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Some people swear that Lou Maltini's has the best deep dish pizza in Chicago. I disagree. It is good, however I think the sauce could use more spices. The Maltini salad, however, is fantastic: a perfect blend of vegetables and black olives with a delicious salad dressing that is not excessive. The service was good and the ambience is average, but it gets very loud in the main dining area. I would return and order the salad, but not the pizza

Visited March 2013