“Yum, Yum, YUM!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Irvine, California
“Yum, Yum, YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

One of the reasons I wanted to go to Chicago was for the deep dish pizza. I'd heard that Lou Malnati's was one of the best, so I added it to my radar.

Well, I have to agree with what I have heard. It's delicious! It really tastes fresh and wasn't overly greasy. My boyfriend ordered a small original, and it was just enough for us. I am sure we could've eaten a bigger pie, but if we had done that, we probably wouldn't fit on the plane.

The service was excellent! This stood out to me as well. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

We had gone on a Thursday around 5 PM, and, surprisingly, it wasn't packed.

The nice thing is you can buy a frozen pizza or even order online. However, I don't think anything beats having it fresh from the oven.

I can't wait to come back for more!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cary, NC
“Huge deep dish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Can't speak to long waits or service as we ordered delivery which took about an hour, which we expected. For family of four including 2 bottomless teenage boys, we ordered a medium Lou's and large pepperoni and individual side salad for around $60 including delivery and tip. After eating our fill, we had a large pizza and half a salad left over. The crust is buttery good and probably a billion calories but delicious. I don't usually like sausage but the Lou's special was really good. If getting it delivered, they will suggest to deliver it uncut to avoid sogginess. Good idea as there is lots of tomato liquid on top.

Chicago, Illinois
“Its authentic chicago style pizza, one of the originals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It's one of the originals, dont settle for less, but there are a couple that are better. They have other things on their menu as well. Their thin pizza is good, not as good as their pan which is like chicago style.

Visited May 2012
“Phenomenal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Deep dish was good, all food was good!, great pizza and will be back! Little wait but not bad, highly recommend!

Manila, Philippines
“the best Chicago Deep Dish Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

the pizza and crust was flavorful. we got the traditional pizza and it was oozing with flavor. the crust has this buttery garlic flavor which adds taste to their pizza. don't forget to order their calamari! you gotta love the freshness of their deep in Calamari. this is a pizza heaven for all the foodie like me.

Visited October 2012