“Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pizzeria Due

Pizzeria Due
619 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-2713 (Near North Side)
312-943-2400
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Omaha, Nebraska
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

If you are not used to Chicago style then this style is a bit of a shocker for you. I had it 19 years ago and tried it again this trip. Seems like a pizza loaded without a lot of flavor. Loaded with cheese. We got it to go and the small was as heavy as a brick, seriously. Good quality and nice place but definitely an acquired taste as far as I am concerned.

Visited February 2014

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good pizza and hopping place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had lunch here and had the deep-dish Chicago-style pizza: sausage and mushrooms, with added topping of sliced tomatoes. Overall this pizza was very good, though instead of fresh sliced tomatoes the pizza appeared to be topped with tomato sauce. Despite that, it was very good. I was really impressed with the lunchtime line-ups, always a good indicator. The waitress knew her beers, and made a suggestion I was happy with.
I enjoyed the ambiance, and could tell there were locals here, not just tourists. Overall, I can recommend this place for lunch. Prices were very reasonable. Service friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“Great Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a large group and the manager was very accommodating. We called ahead for a reservation and he helped us decide what to order so our pizzas would be ready 20 minutes after we arrived. It was perfect! The service was friendly, helpful, and very much capable of handling our group.
I will definitely return because of the service and atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Monticello
“yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Went to Uno I am guessing is the same people that own Due. The pizza was excellent and was as good as I had imagined it to be. only issue I had with it was that the sauce was full of tomato pieces and I am not a fan of that. But my family enjoyed it so that is just a personal thing and doesnt reflect on the quality. Once I removed most of the sauce, it was fantastic.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, TX
“Nommmmmmmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Shanita was our server, and we loved her! She was very down to earth and understood our need to experience this place like a couple of classy dames.. her suggestions? The personal deep dish. I simply must return for the Pesto and 4 cheese pizza. That paired with Angry Orchard Apple Cider (and a shot of vodka) was the perfect pairing. The ambience is casual and warm, and the building itself has a great history. Another server, Aaron, filled us in... he's a hilarious and a great storyteller. Thanks to everyone there, we had a great experience and enjoyed the experience of a Chicago-style pizza!

Visited January 2014