“My favorite steak house in Chicago!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
431 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60654-4601 (Near North Side)
312-321-2725
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Hubbard
Transit: The restaurant can be reached from the Blue Line & Red Line. On the Red Line get off at Grand and proceed west to Dearborn St/head South on Dearborn & the restaurant will be two blocks up on your left. On the Blue Line get off at Clark & Lake and proceed east to Dearborn St/head North on Dearborn/the restaurant will be three blocks up on your left
chicago,il
“My favorite steak house in Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have a Ruth Chris 10 min from where we live in the suburbs but whenever we get to the city if we want excellent steak, great atmosphere, and awesome servers we go here! It is a 2-3hr dinner of pure delight. They have great appetizers,the sides are to die for and they have they best steaks ever.I love that they come out in sizzling butter and smell delicious. The service is top notch and fun.They also have the best creme brulee in the city.This restaurant has SOUL not like the pop up corporate ones all over the place.

Visited August 2014

Bixby, Oklahoma
“Excellent steak, so-so service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We recently visited here and while the food was very good, the service was not what we remembered from our previous visit here in Chicago. We had our daughter (9 yr. old) with us and our waitress was busy waiting on other patrons and didn't seem thrilled to be serving a family. This was a bit of a let down, but thankfully the food was very good which helped offset the service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chicago
“Classic; A Must in Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Ruths Chris on Dearborn in Chicago is a steak house in the theme of great Chicago steak houses. The ambiance is classic, the staff is extremely attentive, and the end result, the meal is exceptional.
When entering we were seated on time. Our server was Jackie who did a wonderful job, while my wife and I had no special occasion, really every time we go out like this it is SPECIAL! We were dining prior to Million Dollar Quartet at the Apollo.
We started with a couple of drinks. Our meal began with splitting the Bacon Wedge with blue cheese. Our entrees were Garlic Shrimp for my wife and Salmon for me. We split the Lobster Mac and Cheese (all sides are crazy! these will easily satisfy two people and maybe more).
The Garlic Shrimp comes on a bed of Garlic Mashed Potatoes. There was TEN Shrimp!
My Salmon was tasty and actually too large to finish.
When in Chicago Ruths Chris must be on the list

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northampton, United Kingdom
“A meal to remember for the wrong reasons”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having sought out several Ruth's Chris steakhouses on our previous travels around the USA we thought we would try Chicago with friends who were with us.
As we had all visited other restaurants in the chain we were well prepared for both the menu and extensive wine list and prices which are by no means cheap at $400+ for the four of us.
unfortunately I ordered the New York Strip which on past occasions although a firmer cut had been succulent and tasty and somewhat tender. After cutting and chewing the first half an inch I found the remaining length of the steak impossible to cut even with the steak knife.
I promptly called the waiter 'Mason' over who was apologetic but said there are the occasional cuts which prove to be inedible. A new steak was going to be prepared for me.
However I had to sit there watching my wife and friends enjoying their meal. Whilst waiting for my replacement meal the same waiter was clearing an adjacent table and dropped a mayonnaise pot on the floor which promptly exploded and covered my wife's arm and dress in mayonnaise. Again an apology and the waiter gave us a card to send the dry cleaning bill. Great if we were local but not much good to us being on a multi centre fly drive holiday.
The replacement steak eventually arrived after my wife and friends had finished eating and by which time I had lost the enthusiasm to enjoy the moment and therefore did not finish eating my meal.
Obviously the restaurant was glad to take our money for what was a disaster of a meal.
I would certainly return to Ruth's Chris in Boston, Scottsdale and Washington where the service and food was exemplary but on our next visit to Chicago we will avoid Ruth's Chris even if the only other place open is McDonalds.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“One Of My Fav's!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Ruth's Chris is one of my favorite restaurants. I don't eat beef or pork, but love lamb. Ruth's Chris has the best lamb chops. They come out on a sizzling plate, in a butter sauce & they are tender and very tasty.

I definitely would recommend this restaurant!!

• Visited December 2013