“A touch of South Beach when it is 36 degrees!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 8,264 restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Orlando, Florida
“A touch of South Beach when it is 36 degrees!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I search high and low for stone crabs.. On a Friday and Saturday evening the earliest I reservation I could get within two days notice was 11p. So, I bit the bullet... no worries STONE CRABS are worth it! I had two orders and the staff was attentive. I had ordered champagne, ate three stone crabs and fell asleep at the table, I was exhausted. Lucky our hotel was directly across the street. When I awoke the next morning I tore those stones crabs up!!

Uhmmm, good 11pm was just too late!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Minnesota
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We just left Joe's after celebrating a birthday dinner for my daughter. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. It was one of THE most fabulous meals I have ever eaten. I indulged in the sea scallops and fried pork belly....wow! The pork was this salty, buttery, crispy goodness that melted in my mouth. I also ordered the grilled tomatoes that came with pesto and melted cheese that literally melted in my mouth!!! Our waiters were phenomenal, extremely attentive and personable. I wanted to tell a manager about the exceptional service we received but didn't see one our way out (so if a manager reads this I believe their names were Nick and Elliott!...thank you for seating us in their section!!) We were seated upstairs where the atmosphere was quaint and charming. We almost felt like we were in a private dining area. The menu is ala carte but the sides can be shared and the entire meal was well worth every penny we spent. I highly recommend Joe's and I will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a great meal at this restaurant. The food and service was outstanding. It's a little pricing, but it's a fabulous place for that special evening.

Visited November 2012
Salt Lake City
“Excellent Restaurant in downtown Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have read other reviews on this restaurant and have to add my commendation. This restaurant is centrally located to downtown Chicago being one block off Michigan Avenue on Grand Avenue. The atmosphere was excellent, the service was excellent. My squid appetizer was quite unusual and very tasty. The crab cakes were perhaps the best I have ever had. The stone crab's were good but very expensive and probably not worth it. My wife enjoyed "Ahi Tuna" which was good to excellent. Over-all, this was a very enjoyable evening with excelllent food and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pittsburgh
“rainy day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

WE stopped in early on a Sunday night, raining cats & dogs. There were no tables available for hours but we sat at the bar for dinner. The service was excellent, good cocktails, and a nice menu.
My husband had the seafood salad, big with lots of shrimp and lobster. I went for the large, grilled lobster tail and we shared the mac and cheese.
Good place, good wine, food

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere