“Great s” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Chicago, Illinois
“Great s”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

if you have a craving for great fried seafood, you have to try the Fisherman's Platter or the Crispy Fish and Chips. Both of these are a tasty selections. They also have some of the best" Key Lime Pie" in the world. When went on a late night date and we were not disappointed in the least bit. Everything was fresh and the service was quality. I would recommend Joe's for anyone wanting some of Chicago's great seafood.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“An awesome server can change your whole opinion about the food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My partner and I had lunch New Year's day for our very first visit to this well-known seafood and steak restaurant downtown. We had high expectations and knew it was a little high end for a regular meal, but it was a holiday so why not. My initial reaction to the crab claws (medium size) that I ordered was "I feel like I'm eating a mouthful of seafood mixed with broken glass" (my quote to the server). This was because Joe's prides itself in smashing the crab claw shell to smithereens before serving you. When our server, Katie, saw how horribly disappointed I was at barely (and painfully) attempting to eat what I had ordered, she profusely apologized and asked if she could get me a replacement dish. I said no thanks and that I just wanted her to beware of what I thought. Much to my surprise, she returned to the table shortly after that with a replacement dish of the jumbo claws and insisted that I try those just to see if that was any better. I tried them and promptly devoured every last bit since these were extraordinarily and amazingly different and far better tasting (Pacific version versus Atlantic). When the bill arrived, Katie pointed out that the manager had removed not just the charge for the larger, better quality (and more expensive) replacement claws but also the original charge for the medium claws I had ordered. I had definitely not expected that and was really caught off guard. I've never had a restaurant go that far to make sure I left as a happy customer, but believe me, I was. My experience with the medium claws may have just been an isolated fluke, and I'm certainly not saying that my experience is representative of what can happen to you, but my focus here is on the service. Katie went way out of her way to make sure things went well and the other aspects of her service were flawless. C'mon. Nine days later and I still remember my server's name. That's an impression. I'll definitely go back.
Joe's Management - If you're reading this, give that girl a raise!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockford, IL
“Great for couples of groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Even though this is a Miami based family restaurant, it has the Chicago Steak House feel. It's a nice location for couples or they offer several nice meeting rooms for groups. I found the service and food to be excellent.

Visited December 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful atmosphere and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my first experience at Joe's. I went with a client and another co-worker, all of us having very different palates. The Crab as an appetizer was delicious and enjoyed by all. For dinner, I ordered a steak (shame on me!) and it was good, although not in the league of many of the similarly-priced steakhouses in the area. The sides are fantastic as was the dessert, or so my co-workers told me. (I abstained). All in all, this is a very good higher-end dinner option with the service and atmosphere setting it atop much of the competition. I certainly would return.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Well executed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is an upscale steakhouse chain near the Nordstrom on the Mag Mile. So taking that for what it is, they execute very well. Wa surprised that we couldn't get a table on a Sunday night around 9PM (booked all night!!) which means even the locals enjoy it.

The bisque - heavenly.

Also got to rub elbows with some of Chicago's very friendly local celebrities as they waited for their table.

Visited December 2012