“great spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Volare

Volare
201 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-3311 (Near North Side)
312-410-9900
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Near North Side
“great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a pork tenderloin and my wife had the scallops off the specials of the night. My wife also had the black spaghetti and we shared some antipasto as well as dessert. The food was very good to excellent, the service was top notch. Peter was our main server and he and his assistants did a great job. Solid meal for the price I would recommend a trip to Volare.

Visited July 2013

Jackson, Wisconsin
“Risotto to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Food was better than fabulous. I will dream about the risotto for a long time. The staff was very polite and friendly but I will say that the manager did not seem to treat the staff very well. I was in 2 times in a week and both times he seemed rude to the staff and they seemed frustrated. It was never taken out on me, I just happen to be observant. The food was superb and quick, the portions huge! I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Houston, Texas
“Great place, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just what you'd expect at a neighborhood Italian restaurant! Very friendly staff, excellent food, great wine. What more can you ask for?
I had read the Vodka sauce was terrific and it didn't disappoint. Meatballs could have had a little more flavor, but still, they were enjoyable. Have great memories of this restaurant!

New York
“Busy because it served good wholesome food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Large group of twenty, service was fine, waitstaff professional. Got to try many different dishes. Pastas were home made and delicious. Loud and busy.

Lakewood, Ohio
“Good and reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was good as usual. We had a large group and dinner was perfect. They did rush us out a bit at the end, but it isn't italy it is Chicago.