“Sorry but nothing special about this place :(” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 8,264 restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Superior and State Street.
Transit: EL train stop 1 block north at Chicago and State.
South Carolina
“Sorry but nothing special about this place :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

All I can say it's over rated.Food is ordinary. Very expensive. For a group of 8- no appetizers, just 8 main courses plus 3 desserts. Our bill was $400++. We'll go back to Fleming's instead.

Visited July 2013

86% Recommend
Hartford, WI
“Excellent Service, Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Celebrated one birthday evening in Chicago at Roy's. Great choice! Enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. Server was excellent, did not rush us, nor too slow. Food was excellent. My daughter and S-I-L had the Surf and Turf, mom had the Trio, and I had the butterfish. All meals were cooked as requested. Good presentation, quantity was as expected, and overall quality was good. We also shared two of their desserts. I appreciate that the two desserts we ordered were made while we were eating vs. being made earlier in the day. Another benefit was their recognition of my birthday with a small dessert and a complimentary picture, both unexpected but pleasant touchpoints. If back in Chicago, I'd consider eating here again due to the seafood being served with accompanying items that are very flavorful.

Visited July 2013
Beverly Hills
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent food, great service. Overall wonderful. Easy reservation via OpenTable. I loved the trio for my entree and the pineapple upside-down cake was delicious!

New Paris, IN
“Great Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Celebrating my birthday and when we arrived had a table set up with a silver picture frame with a birthday message. The food and service was fantastic. We started off with a coconut shrimp appetizer which was great. I had a passion fruit sangria which was delicious. My entrée was macadamia nut mahi mahi and my husband had the shrimp both of which were delicious. They then surprised me with a birthday desert. We also ordered the warm pineapple upside down cake with coconut ice cream which was delicious. All in all a great evening. They also took our picture and gave it along with the birthday message when we left.

Sewell
“Roy's staff made our anniversary dinner even more special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have been fans of Roy's for years and have been to many cities to enjoy the restaurant including Hawaii. Since we were planning a trip to Chicago, we decided to celebrate our anniversary at the Roy's. Well, the food and drinks were great, as usual, but the staff did a few more extras to make the evening special for us. The extras included a welcome letter, and little happy anniversary decorations on the table, a special dessert , and a photo taken and framed for us before we left.
Our meals were beautiful and delicious!!!