“Fresh ingredients, local food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria No. 10 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Madison
Transit: El Stop: Blue Line - Washington stop Bus line: 22, 24, 36, 62
Description: Classic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair have made Trattoria No.10 a Chicago favorite since 1989. Specialties on the daily menu include unique, homemade ravioli, rustic pastas, freshly prepared risotto, fresh fish selections and grilled filet of beef. The subdued elegance of the interior, with arched walkways, murals and original art provides an intimate atmosphere that is perfect for business lunches, pre-theater dining, romantic dinners or private parties.
Mississauga, Canada
“Fresh ingredients, local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is cozy and quiet. The menu is varied and the food is outstanding, as is the service. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special, intimate evening and an authentic Italian dinner. We had the pasta coins and scallops. Everything was delicious - high quality, fresh ingredients make the meals very flavourful.

This restaurant is a treat - don't miss it!

Edmonton, Canada
“Very high quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

They squeezed us in immediately and without complaint early on a Friday evening even though we did not have a reservation. We're glad they did because our meals and the wine were very good, and the room and service matched. Can't vouch for the whole menu, but the arugula salad, farfalle pasta and the arrabiata pasta were easily worth return visits.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, IN
“Gourmet Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I went to Chicago to see a Broadway show and took the advice of my son to try Trattoria 10. I am glad I listened to him. This was Italian food that easily fit the definition of gourmet, from the pasta to the sauces to the main plates. I don't know that I would ever have thought of putting both scallops and short ribs together, but the pairing, and the sauces that accompanied them, was inspired. I do not believe I have EVER had scallops quite that good. Appetizers were also above average, and the wine list was diverse enough to give you an opportunity to experiment with many different bottles. No doubt I will go back--best Italian dinner since we were in New York.

Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We dined here on Friday, April 5. The restaurant is lovely. We met friends for dinner before the theater and we really enjoyed everything. The atmosphere, the service, and the food were all top notch!
I ordered the arugula salad to start, followed by the scallops and risotto (outstanding), and the chocolate pecan pie for dessert. The limoncello martini was VERY strong - I would probably choose something else next time.
My son chose the spicy sausage ravioli and really enjoyed it.
I highly recommend this restaurant. Everyone in our group had a good experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crown Point, Indiana, United States
“Fantastic surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We hadn't heard much about this restaurant but tried it out on a night where we had tickets to the theater. From the minute we stepped below street level it felt as though we were in a different world. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly (even steering us away from one wine to a similar but less expensive option that he enjoyed more). The food was excellent - I had the butternut ravioli and the scallops. My husband the spicy ravioli and the peppercorn steak. Finished with a dessert sampler because we just couldn't make up our mind. Great food, great service, no issues getting to the show on time either. We'll definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere