“wow” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 8,264 restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Diner, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

oh my gosh.. you don't have to feel like your missing out at all when you eat here. wish I had one in kc. we had to order so many different things because we wanted to try everything .. soooo good hope to come back tomorrow for breakfast

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Chicago 'Burbs, IL
“Always vegetarian, always delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Living in the suburbs of Chicago, I make it a point to make a trip to this fabulous restaurant several times a year even though it is an hour away. I do love that on evenings and weekends they have a free parking lot which makes driving there easy. Their menu changes with the seasons so there is always something new to try although they keep most old favorites year round on the menu. My favorite dishes involve seitan and the sandwiches are never a bad bet. I also recommend the vegan shakes and desserts. If you are too full by dessert, which most likely will be the case because of the huge portions, you can get a vegan baked good to go. The only thing I did not care for here is that you can be almost on top of the diners next to you and the vegan buffalo wings were just okay. Overall, a great experience!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Vegetarian's Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Every time I go to Chicago, eating at the Chicago Diner is on the itinerary... sometimes I'm lucky enough to make it there twice! I love being able to choose anything on the menu, and they've got all the classic comfort foods any good diner would have. Mmmm, their bacon burgers are scrumptious!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“So delicious, even if you're not a vegetarian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place always has the best food. My daughter & I always eat here when I visit. So many wonderful things to eat! Great, friendly service. My daughter & I have dairy & gluten allergies and this place is always the best.

Visited April 2013
Elkins
“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were on a trip to Chicago, and I was hesitant to travel so far out, but boy am I glad we went here! The food was divine!!!! We got the BBQ Bacun Burger and The Reuben, both of which were excellent. Then we got vegan milkshakes to go that were unbelievable! Even if you are a meat-eater, you will enjoy this food!!! Check it out!

• Visited March 2013