“Rude waitress - decent thai food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Rude waitress - decent thai food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The food was good, but I always order pad thai which better be good. portion size was small compared to other resturants. My colleagues seemed all happy with their dishes. The waitress was rude. Her attitude made me on edge. We wanted separate checks and she said she would do it this time, but never again. OK, there will not be another time. To me the service is just as important as the food.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

tmauch
“Good food for Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I'm not a big Thai food fan, but my husband is so I took him here for his birthday after hearing it won a Bib Gourmand award. I got two appetizers as my meal - crab ragoon and a grilled beef dish that I believe was called the Tiger's Claw or something like it. The grilled beef was great (tender, just a slight hint of sweetness and a great crust) and the crab ragoon tasted fine (although I thought it should have just been served as a dessert). I was assured by the friends who went with us and have eaten lots of Thai food that this Thai food was very good. The decor was nice and the prices were great. Everything was about $7 to $9. It's BYOB with no corkage fee, and there's a liquor store next door, which is nice. I would suggest clients avoid sitting by the door during winter - we froze every time someone opened the door and at such a popular restaurant, it happened a lot! Our waiter was a little slow to get to us at first, but the waiting during the rest of the meal was fine. It was busy but not so loud we couldn't hear each other.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, IL
“Great Thai food & brown rice, too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Opart is our family go-to Thai restaurant. We've gone as a large party, picked up food on the way home, and dashed there for a quick meal before a movie. Every dish is fresh and colorful, and you can order brown rice instead of white, if you prefer. This is surely a plus, as our family prefers natural foods. All the help is friendly, helpful and courteous.

Visited December 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Really Good Thai For Cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is some of the best Thai I've had in Chicago, and it's mad cheap too. They have a dish that I believe was made specifically for me called Peanut Sauce Lovers. It's as if they read my diary. You know, if I had a dairy. The Thai Iced Tea is also excellent for my fellow sweet tea lovers.

The interior is pretty basic, nothing bad, nothing great. The service is good as well. I have no real complaints about the place. I just reserve my five stars for places that really knock me on my backside with sheer greatness.

I think most spice lovers can order hot as I ordered my dish medium plus which wasn't that spicy. I usually can't really handle spicy at a Thai place (though, obviously, it varies depending on the restaurant).

Opart Thai is a little South Loop gem that is great for those not quite adventurous enough for Chinatown just down the road.

• Visited December 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rome, Italy
“Good appetizers average entrees.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a nice BYOB with friendly service. My favorite items on the menu are the appetizers. The Miang Sa-Wan and the tiger cry are great. The entres are hit or miss. The best entres I've had are the succulent catfish and the duck curry. Overall a good restaurant and it's relatively inexpensive.

• Visited August 2011