“Truly professional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Chicago

You added The Langham, Chicago to your Saves list
The Langham, Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 North Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Truly professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The staff here truly went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The room was modern and cleaned AND turned down every day it had a separate room for shower/ bathtub that was gorgeous. I used their workout facility and spa . The spa was beyond what I would expect in a boutique - like hotel. Steam, sauna, aroma therapy, relaxation room, rain showers toiletries and a wonderful attendant who took care of any needs you might have. I'm not sure I want to tell everyone how great this hotel is as I want a better chance of booking next time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LanghamChicago, General Manager at The Langham, Chicago, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind words. I'm especially glad that you were able to make the most of Chuan Spa's steam and sauna amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the years ahead.

The Langham, Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Luxe all the way! Stayed here for a night only, wished we could have stayed longer. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. The room was spacious, clean and had a great view of the Chicago River. Love their bath amenities/toiletries. I believe they use the same products at their spa.

We'll definitely stay here again on our next visit to Chicago.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Chicago River.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing the beautiful photos from your stay. We appreciate hearing from you and look forward to your return.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We booked The Langham through a third party for a long weekend with our family of 4. We were disappointed when the email confirmation arrived offering us only a king bed. I called the hotel on two occasions and very politely requested a double room, unfortunately they were sold out. Upon arrival, we had accepted that this would be an inconvenience, but we would also be busy and would make the best of our situation. Dana was fabulous, welcoming us at the front desk and to our surprise upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge, noting they appreciated how friendly we were regarding the inconvenience. Demetrius, Philippe, Timo and Devona were incredibly helpful and friendly, greeting us by name every time we entered or exited the hotel and were also extremely welcoming to our children. The room was absolutely amazing, more than we could have ever expected...very large, incredible view, all the best technology, bathroom amenities, etc. I could go on for hours...if you want it, it's in the room. The beds were comfortable and the room was very quiet. You could hear city noise during the day, but after 10pm and before 8am it was very quiet. I can't say enough about our experience here or how much we enjoyed our stay. We travel regularly, and this is most definitely one of the best accommodations we've had thus far.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view...we enjoyed watching the boats and the lights in the evening are l...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing The Langham for a stay with your family. It's wonderful to hear from you, and each of our colleagues are delighted to hear from you as well. Again, thank you, and we hope to welcome you back in the years ahead.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Langham for only one night. The hotel is lovely, and the rooms beautifully and tastefully appointed. The bathroom was great! Unfortunately, the service was not what I would expect of a hotel of this calibre. I arrived to check in at 2:30, which was 30 minutes before check in time, but since the hotel was not full I didn't think it would be a problem. At check in I was told it would be 30 minutes to an hour before a room was ready, but definitely less than 1.5 hours. I was a little taken aback at having to potentially wait over an hour after the stated check in time, but was told I could wait in the lounge and they would find me as soon as the room was ready. They also asked for my cell number so they could call me as soon as the room was ready if I wished to step out. The lounge staff (Charlie) provided excellent service. After 2! hours, I had neither seen nor heard from anybody at reception. I went to ask how much longer my room would be as I had been waiting 2 hours, and was told that my room was actually ready! And I had to re-show my ID as the receptionist said she had not been the one to check it initially. No apology was made for the failure to notify me.
I ordered a cheese platter from room service, and was told it would be there in under an hour. It took just over 50 minutes, which was within the stated time frame, but I would have thought a cheese platter would be faster. The room service waitress asked if I wanted to call for pickup or have them come back in 45 minutes to take the trolley away. I opted for the 45 minutes. After 1.5 hours nobody had been to collect it, so I called to have it removed. I was told somebody would be right up. It still took another hour until somebody appeared.
Check out time is stated as noon. I left the room at 11:30am, and had no fewer than three! attempts by housekeeping to clean the room, beginning at 8:50am. I was jet lagged and had wanted to sleep in.... That's not the service I expect from a high end hotel.
The elevators do not require a room key to operate, which as a single woman traveller I found somewhat disconcerting.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share the specifics and details from your stay. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality and consistent level of service for all our guests. I do apologize so much for the unusual delays you encountered during your stay and the interruptions on your morning of departure. These opportunities have been addressed. We are always very mindful of security for all our guests and have officers discreetly monitoring the hotel at all times. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay. This is by far the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in eking out The Bellagio. We had a grand king room on the 5th floor. The room was gorgeous. There were 2 downfalls...view of rooftops outside window and bathroom could use a bit more privacy. Pillows were a little soft for me, but these are minor details.

The evening maid service was a pleasant surprise upon our return from Wrigley Field. They leave a light on, slippers next to the bed, and complimentary water. Our housekeeper left us notes under the door a couple of times too.

At the heart of this hotel is the staff. Everyone was polite, and welcoming. I cannot say enough good things about Temo at the concierge. He was one of the most affable people at the hotel. He gave us excellent suggestions and made our reservations for us. He was funny and a pleasure to speak with every day.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing so many specific details from your stay. We're delighted that you were able to meet Timo throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I had a "kid free" weekend and decided to visit Chicago (our first visit). We have had the pleasure of staying at The Langham in Hong Kong a few times. We already was familar with their customer service and hospitality. However, this went above and beyond! From the moment we stepped into the hotel to the moment we left, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful! Not to mention that the hotel decor was beautiful and the accomodations were fabulous. Go see the concierge to get any questions answered. The two gentelmen gave us fantastic advice on where to find the best Pizza restauarant (Lou Malnati's)! Thank you Temo (not sure how to spell his name). We had the pleasure of visiting the hotel bar. Thank you Ryan for making us fabulous cocktails. Also, the hotel restaurant Travelle was amazing!!!!!! This hotel is a must if you are visiting Chicago. We plan on visiting again. Thank you Langham for making our weekend get-a-way an unforgettable trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for visiting and for your kind words, especially as a guest already familiar with our Hong Kong hotel. We'll share your review with Timo and Ryan, and all of us appreciate hearing from you. We hope to welcome you again in Chicago, and at any Langham property around the world.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had a three night stay at the Langham and loved every minute of it! Rooms are spacious and luxurious, we loved the disappearing window in the bathroom. We had a nespresso machine in the room and a nice selection of coffee/cream. The floor to ceiling window provided a great view of the city. The spa/pool was delightful, we made use of the pristine gym as well. Our package included breakfast and the restuarant on site was phenomenal, the service was so great the we lingered for hours. The staff is what makes this hotel truly above the rest...everyone we encountered treated us like royalty. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Wonderful to hear from you—thank you for choosing The Langham for several nights and for sharing so many details from your visit. So glad you felt encouraged to linger at Travelle, and that you made the most of our in-room Nespresso. We hope to welcome you back—again, thank you!

The Langham, Chicago

Been to The Langham, Chicago? Share your experiences!