“Awesome hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Chicago

You added The Langham, Chicago to your Saves list
The Langham, Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 North Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 20% off!
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I'm on my last night of a three night stay. I can honestly say this hotel is amazing. It's just as good as any Ritz or Four Seasons that I've stayed at.

The hotel is very modern, extremely spacious and comfortable rooms with all of the amenities you could want. The bed and pillows are first rate and better than any Westin heavenly bed. Nothing like getting comfortable after a long day and watching TV on a huge 50 inch screen.

The staff are super friendly and courteous but a special mention goes out to their amazing and knowledgable concierge, Chris Baum. The hotel is lucky to have a guy like him.

AAA+++ hotel. Highly recommended from a high mileage traveller with discerning taste.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went for a one night business meeting. The rooms had really cool technology and the bed/sleep was amazing! Everyone at the hotel was super friendly and helpful. I hope to go stay again for personal!

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was so glad to be able to stay at the brand new Langham Hotel on my recent business trip. I visit Chicago several times of year and have stayed at some of the areas top hotels, but must say that this hotel truly did exceed my expectations. I was greeted by a friendly staff whom anticipated my needs and was always one step ahead. The personalization and level of customer service here truly was top notch. I enjoyed breakfast by room service and though the food and service were both extraordinary. I had the pleasure of dining in the amazing restaurant Travelle, and though our waiter and the food were phenomenal. I loved my room, very spacious, comfortable and had everything I like to have available to me during my travels, including one of the best shower/baths I have seen recently. I look forward to visiting again soon and know that this hotel will do very well, as they are on their A-game, which with a new opening it sometimes takes a while to work out the kinks, but I did not encounter any of these hiccups during my stay, the team was well groomed and trained to take great care of their guests.

Room Tip: Request to have a river view
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Langham in Chicago is a physically stunning hotel. The public areas and the rooms are beautifully designed and finished.

Almost every detail of the guestroom has been well thought out and executed. The bed is incredibly comfortable. The towels are the best I’ve ever encountered in a hotel – large, soft, fluffy and absorbent. Little extras include a box of amenities such as talc, a comb, dental kit, etc. as well as an umbrella, shoe horn, clothes brush, etc. The tub was conducive to a relaxing soak. I had a standard king room on the twelfth floor and the room felt spacious. Buttons to control the lighting are everywhere you want them to be and they are well marked. The recessed ceiling lights are dramatic. The room was well equipped for a comfortable and relaxing stay.

While the facilities were five star, the service I encountered only rates four stars. The hotel is quite new so the few lapses in service might be attributable to growing pains. Each issue is rather minor but together they were more bothersome than they should have been based on the aspirations of this property.

After a long day, we decided to retire early on our first night so I pressed the Privacy button near the door. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I was surprised to see a number of blinking red lights in the room. Those lights signaled that a message was waiting. When I called for the message, I was told that housekeeping wanted me to know they tried to refresh the room but the privacy light was on. Kudos for honoring the privacy light but I did not care for the blinking red lights alerting me that a message was waiting. When I called for the message, I would have preferred a recording for such a routine message.

The next day, I requested a guide to the art in the hotel. This guide was mentioned in the guest services directory in the room. Unfortunately, they appeared to have run out of the guides. They offered to locate one and email a copy to me. However, I never received the guide nor did I receive a message explaining why the guide was not sent.

On the second night I again encountered all of the blinking red message lights. The message was the same as the day before. However, I had specifically turned the privacy light off when we left for the theater at 7 pm. I’m not sure when housekeeping attempted to refresh the room but I thought they would have plenty of time after 7 pm. An additional call was required to have the message lights turned off.

When checking my account via the TV on my last morning, I was confused by what I saw. They displayed the bill from one week earlier which I realized when viewing the date. Another guest’s name was also displayed so I knew this was not my account. This was a first – I’ve never seen another guest’s bill when checking on my account via an in-room TV.

We had hoped to have a drink in the hotel bar after returning from the theater. The bar was quite busy. Unfortunately, the music was too loud for a relaxing drink so we skipped it. I would have appreciated a more subdued sound level in the bar.

Would I stay here again? Yes, because the rooms are quite comfortable and the location is great. They will most likely work through the issues I encountered. Based on the other reviews I’ve read, my experience does not appear to be typical. My expectations were high after reading repeated glowing reviews. Maybe I expected a bit too much….

Room Tip: The lower the room number, the better the view of the river and possibly Lake Michigan
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Elmira, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed for our 10th Anniversary. Upon our arrival in Chicago, we were stuck running through a downpour, and when we arrived at the hotel (5 hours prior to the posted check-in and looking like drowned rats), our room was ready and we were able to relax and get freshened up for the rest of our day.

It is located in a great location... short walk to many different areas of Chicago... sights, shopping, restaurants, etc.

The staff were amazing... treating us like we have never been treated before.

The rooms were very clean, well put together... and the shower glass still blows my mind.

We would most certainly come back here. This was our most enjoyable hotel experience... EVER!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed in the Langham Hotel this weekend. What a wonderful experience! Having been devoted Four Seasons followers this was a big step for us but we were not disappointed. The hotel is "Simply Elegant" but not in a fussy way. The rooms are large, well thought out, and the smallest details are accounted for at every turn. A very comfortable bed, 55" TV, a walk in shower that is big enough for six with a powerful rain head, a comfortable soaking tub, great lighting, plugs for your chargers and switches for lighting right by the bed, a unique but very comfortable desk chair, and a beautiful pen are just a few of the amenities that stuck out with me. My wife loved the hidden hot tea or coffee maker in the mini bar...a real nice surprise. Make sure you open all the drawers in it to see everything it offers...really special! But more important than all of this are the wonderful people that work there. From Azure who greets you when you first arrive, to the wonderful ladies who escort you to check-in, to Christina at the front desk...everyone goes out of their way to make you feel as if you are the only guest staying at their hotel. Thanks again to all of you for your part in making this a very special weekend and for accommodating us with the unexpected but welcomed visit from our daughter our first night; please be assured from now on whenever we come to Chicago The Langham will always be our top choice of places to stay!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed 3 days at the Club floor.
I was on my own to visit Chicago I in mood to pamper myself..
Wonderful experience. Calme, luxe et volupté were at the render-vous!
Room amazing on the 13th floor. I could see the lake from my room.
The club lounge is perfect for a drink after some shopping in vibrant Chicago.
Complimentary Lobster as appetizer are yummy
only negative aspect: difficult to stay in another hotel after this experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Langham, Chicago? Share your experiences!