“Fantastic Sunday Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 7,739 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First of all, I love Chef Fabio. This is one of his restaurants. I have been here for brunch a half a dozen times. They have many unusual and delicious sweet and savory menu selections. The eggs Benedict and the stuffed French toast are two of our favorites. Service is a little spotty and can be slow, but they have compensated for it when they have messed up. Decor is straight out of Restoration Hardware. Great location.

Visited March 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my partners family for a birthday night out. We decided to order two separate rounds of four dishes and share out between us all. Every single dish was superb and immaculately flavoured.

The highlight main dishes were the brick chicken and the squid ink. The chicken is the nicest seasoning I've ever had. For desert we opted for the monkeybread which was amazing to sweeten off with.

The service in the restaurant was top and very attentive. Some gelato was brought out for the birthday boy, which was a nice touch.

Re: people complaining about noise.... It's just people enjoying themselves in the atmosphere and good food/drink. It beats being able to hear the next table ramble on.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Still my preferred trendy Italian restaurant in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been to Siena five times now. Four for food and one for drinks. Out of the trendy Italian places in Chicago (where I would include RPM, Nico and others) I still think Siena ranks highest.

As a good Italian restaurant should be to me, the trick is in the pizzas and pastas. Simply fantastic. The gnocchi, the short rib ravioli and the squid ink linguini are great. I also like almost all the desserts, but not crazy about the donuts as others are.

The cocktails are also noteworthy. Good bar. I had a #11 last time (patron silver, grappa, st. germain, chamomile, orange bitters, lime, basil) and loved it!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“Great food but very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were surprised by the atmosphere here as Tavern to us means moody and quiet. NOT the case here. It was so loud that people at one side of table couldn't hear those at the other side. Since this was a group of 5 friends who seldom can get time together, this was a disappointment. But the food did not disappoint. The appetizers were very large and very good. My gnocchi was the best! The lavender drink one of my friends ordered tasted like dish detergent. Other drinks were ok but nothing memorable. Service was good and our waitress was very charming. Biggest turnoff was the loudness of the room.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Midland, Michigan, United States
“SOOOO Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Food was amazing. Atmosphere was awesome really great vibe and love the decor of the restaurant. We went for brunch because we couldn't get in for dinner but next time I'm planning on going to Chicago I will book dinner months out in advance. Hands down best meal we had the entire visit to Chicago. Fabio is so nice and charming and was there when we went and even spoke to our table. I wish I could give this place 6 stars out of 5.

• Visited April 2014