“Almost famous” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Little Goat Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 8,392 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Eclectic, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Almost famous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The wait was about an hour and the place was truly packed and we found out why. The food is great! I suggest trying the Bull's Red French Toast! Great experience and yummy!

Our host thought that my fiance was someone famous (funny & cute)!

Visited April 2014

Lansing, Michigan
“Loved the service and the fact that they had a gluten free menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I love trying new things. This restaurant is amazing and I should have stuck to what I know instead of trying a new dish. I had the shrimp with cheesy grits and it should have actually been shrimp in tomato based sauce over a layer of grits. I could not taste the cheese. The dish also had brussel sprout leaves and black eye peas which gave it a different taste... not in a bad way but a I was not expecting that to be there way. My guest had a sloppy goat and loved it. I loved the gluten free bread that I had and love the way the restaurant was split into four sections. The bread, bar, coffee and dining room areas. The service was better than spectacular. I will return but I will have something else. Did I mention that I was fully aware that I did not like brussel sprounts?

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, North Dakota
“Wow- lunch here is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Make sure you hit up this place the next time you are in town. The menu is so tastey, but makes it hard to decide. I actually asked the guy next to me what he was having and went with that, it looked great and tasted out of this world(Los Drowned). I noticed 3 people around me knew exactly what they wanted and it was the Pork Belly Pancake, i dont' think it was their first rodeo. I will definitely check that out next. Service was wonderful.

Visited March 2014
New Mexico mountains
“Inedible and Inaudible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We came for dinner. Clearly this is more of a bar crowd than a restaurant because the music was booming and blaring, and one had to yell to speak to be heard. I think most of the rave reviews were from folks who dined here for breakfast or lunch (or had drunk a bit ). I would not recommend this place for dinner at all, especially if you wish to have any conversation. Some of the seating is crowded and uncomfortable, as has been noted by other reviewers. We were lucky because we had a nice booth- but we had to negotiate for it because apparently they are saved for 4 people and we were only 2.
I ordered eggs and corned beef hash. They tried too hard with this dish by grinding it into little thin threads. The potatoes were not cooked in it and the meat was over cooked and tasted almost rancid. The eggs were overcooked and it was all greasy. Not edible at all. So I paid $20 and only had a glass of water.
That said, my friend had a Reuben sandwich which she said was delicious. Also, our server was friendly and helpful regarding our transportation information. He used his GPS on his phone to advise regarding the bus.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Come hungry!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

So many delicious choices and so little time!
I practically ordered a smorgasbord.
It's was only 3 of us and we ordered enough for 6. Clearly our eyes were bigger than our stomachs.
I've been to Girl and the Goat and have been wanting to go to this new annex. When they started accepting reservations I jumped on that immediately. You know this would be a fun place when you enter the Diner and they have a photo booth.
Service was excellent and the food was an explosion of flavors with lots of meat!!!
Portions are ginormous. Cone hungry and take your time savoring the food, leave room for a shake or dessert!!!