“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lizzie McNeill's Irish Pub

Lizzie McNeill's Irish Pub
400 N McClurg Ct, Chicago, IL (Streeterville)
Website
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Oakley, California
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came across Lizzie McNeill's while wandering back to our hotel from Navy Pier, and thought the outdoor patio along the river seemed inviting. We weren't alone, on that pleasant fall day there were a lot more people outside than inside and it's a great location to relax and enjoy the river activity. We stuck to classic Irish beers on principle but there was a nice selection of craft brews on tap. Our server was pleasant and friendly, the sandwiches were excellent, and we had a great table - pretty much a perfect afternoon in Chicago.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good for a drink and a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stoped in after a walk to olive park got a shot of Jameson ate some wings and enjoyed the view of the Chicago river while a traditional Irish band played outside nothing better than bagpipes a great view in beautiful weather

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Just a pub.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate our first meal of our trip at this place at lunch on a Tuesday. The menu was very small, and I thought, a bit too expensive for the quality of food. We had 6 people at lunch, and my impression was that all 6 of us thought it was just OK. The waitress was just OK as well. Pleasant, but never on her own did she check on us. We had to always call her over, and it was not at all busy. I think 10 to 12 people at most, including the 6 in our party.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“It's a bar.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped by this place to grab a drink and I'm glad that's all we wanted. Nothing fancy, nothing special. If you want a beer this is the place for you but don't expect anything more. They do have a nice seating area on the river. Again, nothing particularly bad but I would only ever go back for a quick beer.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Kentucky
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I very seldom give a bad review but this is one of them. It took us a long time to get waited on even though waitresses were sitting and eating themselves. We sat ourselves inside and the table was dirty. We had to ask for silverware and napkins. I got a Chicago Red Hot and the hot dog was good but the bun was so chewy my knive could not tear it and my teeth barely did! The side of cole slaw seemed store bought and wasn't fresh. We had traveled all day and by the time we ate at 2:30, I was starving and was grateful they had free popcorn to snack on. However, even with eating a half basket of popcorn, my hot dog and a small side of cole slaw, I went back to the room and ate two poptarts because I was still hungry:( It was not a good meal for the first nigt in Chicago.