“Followed a recommendation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garretts Popcorn

Garretts Popcorn
Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL (Magnificent Mile)
Website
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
GRAND RAPIDS
“Followed a recommendation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Friend from Chicago told us to celebrate Michigan's win in the basketball tournament with a trip to Garretts. Arrived before 10:30 Saturday, and there was a line. But their efficient system of running people through their small shop had us out the store about 15-20 minutes from the time we started in line. Delicious Chicago mix corn. Opted for Jumbo size in a bag, rather than doubling price by adding a tin. Even though they are attractive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Staunton, Illinois
“Perfect Shopping Snack!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This small popcorn shop is right off of Michigan, and their small bags make the perfect snack while you're shopping! It's worth popping your head in the door just to smell the place! We were there on a Wednesday afternoon, and there was no line so we were in and out. I got the dark chocolate covered caramel corn... delicious!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washingon, Kansas, United States
“Came highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

On a recent business trip, I went out of my way to find Garretts Popcorn as it came highly recommended to me. I had a coupon for a sample of the Chicago mix which is caramel & cheese popcorn mixed together. What a yummy sweet & salty combination. I purchased a small bag of butter popcorn and a medium bag of Chicago mix to share with my family.

Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really good but kind of expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The line for this place is crazy. I had to wait so I could find out what all the fuss was about. I was not disappointed. The caramel and cheese popcorns are really, really good. And really good mixed together. I just thought is was expensive. I brought some home from our trip for our kids and considered it a "souvenier". It didn't seem so bad to think of it that way! Yummy!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“The best popcorn you will ever eat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

When walking down Ontario Street towards Michigan Avenue, you will smell the most awesome popcorn aroma. As you approach the store, you will see long line of people standing in any type of weather to get inside and order from a variety of popcorn options. This is a must do!!

Visited March 2013