“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 8,390 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Just opened in Wicker Park, I went there last night and they're doing great in the first week or two.
Irvine, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I love this charming, funky little place! The food is ultra-fresh and inventive and very tasty. We fell in love with their kale salad! We have visited each time we are in Chicago and have found the menu varies every which way that delicious extends. Besides their savory delights (yummy tacos), their ambience is too, too charming. The chicken tacos sport little picks that state, 'bird.' Clever. We love their drink concoctions as well.

Go visit and support this place. Wishing I was there now.

Visited October 2013

Minnesota
“Truly great, interesting tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We happened into Antique Taco with no prior knowledge. My husband and I ordered tempura fish tacos and my son the rib eye taco. Oh my. They were great. A terrific added bonus was the vanilla scented lemon-limeade. It was the best I have ever had. A small place but the tables were turning over on the Saturday afternoon we visited. Some outdoor seating. Order at the counter, pick up your cloth napkin and silverware on the side hutch. Friendly fast service. Go ahead, it's good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Taco Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Although the menu only features a handful of items, there is nothing simple about this restaurant. If you are looking for great Mexican food at very reasonable prices -- $8 for two tacos -- then this is your place. This quaint little Mexican restaurant reminds me more of a taqueria than a traditional Mexican restaurant.

They serve great house made margaritas that are to die for and the guacamole is excellent. My pork tacos were outstanding. Our server said the mushroom tacos are a local favorite.

This is a counter order restaurant that can get very busy during peak hours. Most seating is at long tables with other diners. Outside seating is limited. Service was excellent.

Do yourself a favor and check out this rising star chef's restaurant. Wicker Park has tons of other restaurants and unique shops. The area is safe and is an easy trip by L from downtown Chicago to Wicker Park.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“AWESOME FRESH TACOS!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a great little place to get fresh tacos ~ Shrimp, Fish, Beef, Pork, Mushroom etc! The Salsa and Guac are Excellent. They have great Margaritas too. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Get there early or be prepared to wait in line. If you have to wait, don't worry~ it is worth it!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, IL
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We saw this on Check Please early Sunday afternoon and tried it that day as all of the viewers recommended it. Well, it was worth the visit, although we're not much for lines so it sounds like the best time to go would be in off hours.

My partner and I tried four different types of tacos and the empanada - all very good with interesting tastes. Now, I would say that the meal was on the pricey side but well worth it.

• Visited May 2014