“Unique Tacos.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 8,383 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Just opened in Wicker Park, I went there last night and they're doing great in the first week or two.
Elmore, Ohio
“Unique Tacos.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had found this place via TripAdvisor, so we thought we would give it a try. My friends and I went around dinner time and the place was very busy. We shared a table with complete strangers, which was interesting and an experience. I got the sweet and spicy tacos and what I had pictured in my head was completely different. The tacos were great though, just not what I expected. Margaritas were alright but the chips and guacamole were amazing! Great place for lunch or dinner, kind of pricey and not much food for what you end up paying. Overall, it had a great atmosphere and great food!

• Visited October 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Yummy Food - Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Friends told us to try heading to the Wicker Park/Bucktown area the next time we were downtown Chicago. So glad we did!! We came upon this place while googling places in the area and honestly decided to check it out just because of the name!

Overall, we were pleased. Upon entering you go to the counter to order and pay for your food and then it is delivered by the friendly staff when ready. You get your own water and utensils - and they even provide cloth dishtowel type napkins! We had the Corn Salad - Amazing, Sweet & Spicy Chicken Tacos w/thinly sliced cucumbers and jalapenos (comes with 2), the Pork tacos and the Rosemary Margarita. The chicken in the taco's was just okay, but the garnish on it was great and my husband loved the pork tacos. The Rosemary Margarita was your average house margarita. It was a bit pricey to me, but we would go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ozark, Missouri
“Good food, small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We ate here based on a friend's suggestion. The food was wonderful & the agua fresca was so refreshing. I had the fish tacos & they were excellent. However, you only get two small tacos per order, so don't come too hungry, or plan on spending more. The atmosphere was super fun & very clean.

• Visited December 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Loved this place. Sat outside while enjoying some fish tacos and margaritas - yum! Not a tacqueria but comfortable enough when you don't want to go out for fine dining. Quality ingredients. Place has very nice yet simple antique touches that make you feel like the childhood home you always wanted!

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“I love Tacos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

A fellow Air BNB couple told me about this place and of the twenty times I have gone back to it I have never been disappointed. Love the Antique taco salad, the Corn off the Cob salad and the Shrimp tacos. Very friendly staff and general relaxing atmosphere. Sometimes the line is to the door.

• Visited October 2013