“Fantastic fresh food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Chicago
“Fantastic fresh food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Great location, friendly service and wonderful pie. A must go to place if you are anywhere near! Prices are good as well.

• Visited March 2014

Chicago
“Best pies in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was not a pie person. I never thought I'd like pies...but welcome to my changed world thanks to Bang Bang. This place is on a corner lot, with street parking. The second you walk in, you can smell all the baking that takes place. We've had their biscuits multiple times and they are the biggest, most dense biscuits ever. No sweetness to them, but just right. I love that they have a very interesting variety of freshly made butters and jams available everyday. Their biscuit and gravy is pretty good. They're pies are all very delicious. My favorite pie of all times was their summer pie, which had some fresh berries and an ice-cream topping. All of their pies have very unique crusts, which I love. We had their Superbowl pie today and it was similar to a smores one they had a bit ago...a pretzel crust with dark chocolate ganache, and marshmallow cream topping was delicious! What impresses me is the flavors they combine to make the unique tasting pies. They have 2 sweet pies and 1 savory pie daily and their biscuits. I highly recommend this place. Fun place to hang out too as they have an outdoor "backyard" with tables to sit at....

• Visited August 2013
Lorain, Ohio
“Best darn pies i have ever had..no exaggeration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My sister in law and partner contributed to our thanksgiving dinner by bringing an apple crumble and a chocolate pecan pie from Bang Bang. Wow...sublime. Honestly the most delectable, and scrumptious pies I have ever had, and I do not typically consider myself a pie fan. The crust was flaky, buttery, and just the right amount of crunch. I hate pecan pie usually, but had a "no thank you" bite, only to scarf down an entire piece! Just the perfect balance of nuts and chocolate. The apple crumble pie was a masterpiece of juicy apple, with hints of cinnamon and who knows what. Oh my gosh...heaven. Bang Bang Pies, you rocked my normally pieless world:). I just wish I lived in Chicago!

Michigan
“Heard about this place through word of mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We arrived at 10:00am. I was visiting Chicago to see my son and his wife. They found this place and wanted to share. It was a very warm November day and because Bang Bang was small and crowded that day we ate outside ( in November in Chicago-go figure). My son talked about the pie, how we had to try it We ordered biscuits and gravy and one piece of chocolate pie to share. The pie was moist, rich, thick, awesome! to much for one person. I could eat a whole piece of apple but not the chocolate; too rich. A note, not much seating and people were using computers, made me feel they thought they were at Panera. If you are going to be on a computer, use one table, not all of them. Short walk from subway station. Pies sell out I understand, can buy by the pie or the piece.

Spring Lake, Michigan
“outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

First of all, let me state that they only serve 3 things. Pie, biscuits, and coffee. That being said, all were wonderful. My advice to you is Get There Early. They only have 3 kinds of pie (flavors rotate) and they do sell out. Buy some for there and some to go. Even eaten a day or two later they are still pretty darn good. It is a small place, not a lot of seating so be prepare to stand or eat outside in back.