“Convenient Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 South Cicero Ave, Chicago, IL 60638 (Southwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #93 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Convenient Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights following an Upper Midwest road trip. We were able to return our rental car a couple of days early since the hotel provides a shuttle to the airport, and the CTA goes from Midway to downtown. We had a spacious room with two queen beds, plenty of storage space in the dresser and closet, places to sit, and enough floor space for opening luggage. A big plus was adequate towel bars which, it seems, have gone the way of the dial phone in many hotels! Bath products are from Bath and Body Works. Breakfast included hot dishes as well as the usual pastries, bagels, toast and yogurt. Small containers of low-fat and non-fat milk were also available; and hot drinks were available in the lobby 24-hours. We were able to print our boarding passes in the Business Center. The hotel held our luggage so that we could go downtown before our late afternoon flight.

I do have two issues to report:
1) When my charge was put through, it was for almost $100 more than the total for the room and taxes. When I asked about it, the young lady at the desk said they automatically added $30 per night for incidentals when they authorized the charge; however, that would have only equaled $60, so the amount was a mystery. It would be nice if guests were given this information at check-in. It wasn't a big deal for me, but it might be a problem for someone close to the credit limit on a charge card.
2) This is something that is done at many hotels, and it really bothers me because it is wasteful. Our soaps were replaced with new bars the second day. I don't know of anyone who uses a new bar of soap every day at home; so if the same guests are in the room, why the new soap? It is my hope that the hotel participates in the "Clean the World" recycling program.

Room Tip: You're near an airport, so there will be noise. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi ColoradoTraveler5,

Thanks so much for the great feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us!! Yes, we do participate in a "Keep it Green" program. I will definitely speak to my staff about changing the soap daily. As for the authorization on your credit card I will have to look into this. As my front desk agent stated, we normally only authorize an additional $25. Thanks again for the wonderful comments and the great suggestions. Without feedback from guest like yourself we would be unable to improve our services and product. Thanks again and we hope that you will stay with us again when traveling to Midway!!

N Patterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had to make a last minute reservation here when we missed a flight at Chicago Midway airport due to heavy traffic. There are four Holiday Inn Express hotels around the airport so make sure you go to the right one! Our hotel was very well located and had very nice check in staff and a lovely fresh smell in reception. The rooms were very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows and all the modern amenities you would expect from a hotel. The only thing that was an issue is that a free breakfast is not provided, they do have a restaurant in the hotel that opens early to provide breakfast, but we assumed since we'd stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels that breakfast would be included and it is not. They also have an airport shuttle but we did not use it as we had a rental car. Very clean and very nice staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello mwooduk,

Thanks for your review. I apologize but I think you may have stayed at the Full Service Holiday Inn across the parking lot. We do offer complimentary breakfast and we do not have a restaurant. There are 2 Holiday Inn Branded Hotels near Midway and I know how confusing it can be. Thanks for being a loyal IHG guest and I hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was by far probably the best I've stayed in yet for that hotel chain! Our flight arrived at Midway at 7:30 a.m. and we took the shuttle atraight to the hotel knowing that checkin wasn't until 3:00 p.m. The receptionist welcomed us and invited us to enjoy breakfast while we waited until the room was ready. Around 9:30 we were told our room was ready! We were thrilled as we'd been up since 4 that morning and couldn't wait to get a nap. These people know what it's means to make your stay comfortable. The room was extremely clean, there were three shower head settings which I'd not experienced at other locations, and most of all, the kindness and hospitality of all of the staff was amazing! You can tell the staff cares about their reputation! Great area too. A brisk walk over the hill to a food store, Walmart or Target, nice restaraunts within minutes of a walk and the shuttle was on time every fifteen minutes to run back and forth to the Chicago Midway Airport where you can catch the transit downtown. Was there for four days and I don't have a bad thing to say about them! Great job guys! I hope to one day visit again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and share your experience at our Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway! We truly appreciate the compliments you shared about our facility and staff. I am glad that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle services. We know you have many options at Midway, and we are grateful that you have chosen us for your visit!! We look forward to serving you again in the future!!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was there for my bday with a couple of family members and the employess were extremely nice, John Cantore, I guess that how he spells his name, was so patient and knowledgeable. I really love how professional he was and also curtieous. I would recommend this hotek to everyone I know, and also I would go back! Love ,love this hotel

Room Tip: Suites are the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

All in all the hotel and its property was nice and clean. It had what we needed and they got us to the airport on time...it was nice and quiet. Was there in in fall, so didn't get to use the pool, though it looked nice Didn't use spa or workout room either...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This exceeded my expectations for attractiveness, comfort, convenience, breakfast, friendliness. The beds were very comfortable. This is the first stop on the hotel shuttle pick up at Midway. The breakfast had biscuits & gravy as well as bacon along with their world famous cinnamon rolls. The coffee and orange juice were also high quality. The staff was very friendly and helpful. No warts on this place. I'll always use this for stays in/out of Midway.

• Stayed July 2013
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review!! It really touched my heart that this was the "Best Holiday Inn Express" you have stayed in! I shared your comments with my team this morning and they were ecstatic! Our hotel mission is the best the cleanliest and friendliest hotel in the Midwest and I am glad that we have accomplished this with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again and I'm sure that it will be just as enjoyable!

Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The airport shuttle was very convenient. All of the staff I dealt with were friendly & efficient. My room was clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here the next time I fly from Midway. HIE is my usual chain and I think this was definitely up to the regular standards. In addition to the convenient shuttle there are several other hotels with restaurants in the area and room service was offered which is unusual for a HIE. There was noise from the airport but you will have that at any hotel so close to an airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello, Thanks for staying with us. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it. Our staff is focused with maintaining a clean and friendly environment for every guest. I'm pleased to see that was successful during your visit. I hope your travel plans bring you back to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Nicole Patterson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!