My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights following an Upper Midwest road trip. We were able to return our rental car a couple of days early since the hotel provides a shuttle to the airport, and the CTA goes from Midway to downtown. We had a spacious room with two queen beds, plenty of storage space in the dresser and closet, places to sit, and enough floor space for opening luggage. A big plus was adequate towel bars which, it seems, have gone the way of the dial phone in many hotels! Bath products are from Bath and Body Works. Breakfast included hot dishes as well as the usual pastries, bagels, toast and yogurt. Small containers of low-fat and non-fat milk were also available; and hot drinks were available in the lobby 24-hours. We were able to print our boarding passes in the Business Center. The hotel held our luggage so that we could go downtown before our late afternoon flight.
I do have two issues to report:
1) When my charge was put through, it was for almost $100 more than the total for the room and taxes. When I asked about it, the young lady at the desk said they automatically added $30 per night for incidentals when they authorized the charge; however, that would have only equaled $60, so the amount was a mystery. It would be nice if guests were given this information at check-in. It wasn't a big deal for me, but it might be a problem for someone close to the credit limit on a charge card.
2) This is something that is done at many hotels, and it really bothers me because it is wasteful. Our soaps were replaced with new bars the second day. I don't know of anyone who uses a new bar of soap every day at home; so if the same guests are in the room, why the new soap? It is my hope that the hotel participates in the "Clean the World" recycling program.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Chicago Midway Airport. Conveniently located just 2 blocks south of Chicago Midway Airport and only 8 miles from downtown Chicago, the hotel offers free 24 hr. airport shuttle to and from Midway Airport, free wireless high-speed Internet access, and our new free Smart Start breakfast. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Chicago Midway Airport is the perfect base to explore attractions such as Grant Park, the Art Institute of Chicago, Shedd Aquarium, the Brookfield Zoo, Toyota Park, and Soldier Field. Just 20 minutes will put you in the heart of the Magnificent Mile, the Midwest s premier shopping district. Our business travelers will love our hotel s proximity to Chicago Midway Airport, the Bedford Park Industrial Center, Tyson Foods, and Cintas. For meetings, the hotel's French Quarter Room can accommodate groups of up to 25 and dining options abound, with nearby TGI Friday s, Dempsey s Irish American Grill, and Coaches Bar and Grill, Where Winning Never Tasted This Good! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport Hotel Chicago
- Holiday Inn Chicago
- Chicago Holiday Inn