“Great Location ... Quiet & Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kinzie Hotel

You added Kinzie Hotel to your Saves list
Kinzie Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654 (Formerly Amalfi Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Park On Us Package
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Miami, Florida
“Great Location ... Quiet & Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is right in the center of Chicago's downtown. Nearby you have extensive options for Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Etc. so you will be close to the good action.

Small (Boutique Hotel), yet quiet and comfortable make this a great option for business or Traveling without kids.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We loved this hotel. It is in a great location with tons of stuff in walking distance. It's also convenient to transit. A lot of things to do like Navy Pier, River walk and Millennium Park are near by. The rooms are large and well decorated. It has a modern style. They offer free WIFI and continental breakfast. They also have a nightly reception with cocktails and snacks. They are very unique and the customer service is outstanding. Drake was extremely nice and helpful. If you want a nice place to stay without being charged for everything this is a great chioce. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Kinzie is a little off the beaten path but offers good value and a short walk to the Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park attractions. The rooms are a decent size and the bathroom is actually larger than many. They serve a buffet breakfast on every floor, use the tray that is sitting on your bed when you first check in to go pick up your goodies (and don't feel shy going out in your robe, you won't be the only one). I found the staff quite helpful.

Room Tip: Mine looked out over the parking lot but who cares? It was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our location in the downtown River North district convenient to your travel needs and were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park. I’m happy you found our rooms and spacious guest bathrooms to your liking. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor so you may gather it up on one of our wooden trays to enjoy in the comfort of your own guest room. Your kind recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I arrived at the Kinzie Hotel at 1:45 am, having arrived on a delayed flight, only to learn that the hotel was "oversold," and my guaranteed room had been given to someone else! How could that be, I asked, for a reservation made more than 2 weeks earlier. The hotel management explained that they would cover my room at a nearby hotel -- they recommended the Palomar, located 2 blocks north of the Kinzie, but my business meetings were in the other direction. Also, the Kinzie's relocation offer was only for the first night, but my reservation had been for 2 nights, meaning I'd have to check out that morning and switch hotels in the middle of my business trip. The hotel gave me no prior notice that they had sold away my room, which gave me no choice but to start my hotel search all over again at 2 am in the morning.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Reluctantly giving an amazing review! From the start were checked in before lunchtime....very much appreciated after changing hotels after a wedding!!
Door-men were always helpful. As everyone else suggests cocktail hour is well received after a day exploring (or if your hubby is too hungry to wait for dinner!!) Breakfast limited but is fresh and does the job. Hotel rooms clean and dust free....important for an asthmatic ! Cannot fault this place,...hopes it stays the same and we'll be back!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable visit at Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our rooms and décor to your liking. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m especially pleased to hear how helpful our doormen were during your stay and will be sure to pass along your kind comments. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a wonderful experience at the Kinzie ! We stayed for 4 days, the rooms were comfortable, clean and nicely decorated, the staff was warm, friendly and made our stay that much better. The continental breakfast was not the greatest but it was not the worst i've had either. Room tip if you are not used to city noises you may not enjoy street noises. Overall a fantastic stay, near everything and we would love to go back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. We’re pleased you had a “wonderful” stay with us at Kinzie Hotel! I’m happy you found our rooms and décor to your liking. I’m sorry if our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast did not meet your standards. I appreciate your comments and have passed them along to our Food & Beverage manager. I’m so pleased to receive such kind comments about our team and to hear how they made your stay an even better one. We take great pride in delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

El Paso, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked two nights at the Kinzie because I was in town for a concert at the House of Blues in Chicago. This turned out to be a perfect location for me, as the HOB is about a two minute walk from the hotel, you only have to cross one street! The hotel itself is smaller than your typical large-chain hotel, but it was very comfortable, clean, hospitable and customer-friendly. I would gladly book here again on any future Chicago visits. Breakfast is provided for you every day until 9:30 AM by the elevator lobby on every floor. Cereals, fruits, yogurts, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, muffins, bagels, etc., very well-stocked. They also have an evening reception on the sixth floor to which they gave me two free drink tokens, but I was unable to attend due to the concert I attended. I also must add that I was able to have a Lou Malnati's deep-dish pizza delivered right to my room, so again, great location. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel, everything was great and I appreciate their attention and hospitality. Thank you.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and it was moderately noisy, I imagine the higher you go the less street...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for the lovely review! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our central location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the great dining and entertainment options surrounding us, like the House of Blues and Lou Malnati’s. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each guest floor. I’m sorry you were unable to attend our complimentary evening reception—hopefully you’ll be able to join us during your next visit. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Kinzie Hotel? Share your experiences!