“A Perfect TEN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kinzie Hotel

You added Kinzie Hotel to your Saves list
Kinzie Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654 (Formerly Amalfi Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save!
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Paducah, Kentucky
“A Perfect TEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 3 nights (July 1-3). I used Tripadvisor to find a highly rated hotel at a reasonable price. I hit the jackpot. I honestly can't think of one negative thing to say about the hotel so I will just mention a few things that stuck out. First, the room was everything you needed (comfortable bed, large bathroom with all supplies, perfect temp and great view). Employees were all friendly and willing to answer all questions. Doormen were great. I must mention Zouhair, who went out of his way to help when needed. I have never stayed at a hotel that serves breakfast on each floor. This makes breakfast just a few steps away and never a line, plus you are able to eat in your room in front of the TV or in bed (just like home). The afternoon drinks and snacks that are included were very good and a welcome treat when returning from a long day from exploring Chicago.
Bottom line: I am retired and do a lot of traveling and this place is as good as you will find.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank for you the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our front office team—Zouhair in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and décor—including our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and H2O Plus spa products. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m also pleased you enjoyed our other complimentary amenities, like our afternoon snacks in the lobby. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Kinzie is a nice little boutique hotel with a great location. Staff is very accommodating. Rooms are nice, but not extravagant. The only downside I can attribute to it is that it is not as "posh" as it is made to seem. It only occupies 6 floors of the sky rise that it resides in, and "room service" is take-out from the restaurant across the street.

If you're looking for a NICE hotel, go elsewhere. If you want a decent hotel in a great location, this is your place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking. While there is currently no restaurant on site, we do offer room service from the famed Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse, located right across the street. I am pleased to receive such kind comments about our team and will be sure to pass those along. Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you safe travels in the future.

Kungsbacka, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice hotel with good location. Reception staff were very helpful with whatever was needed. Rooms very nice and comfortable bed. At the elevator on the 5th floor where I lived was served a light breakfast buffet to bring to the room. No extra charge for it. I also got 4 chips to pay drinks in the guest room one on the 6th floor where also some finger food was served for free. Very generous. This is a hotel that I would return to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your kind feedback. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our comfy new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! I’m further pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each guest floor. I’m delighted you appreciated our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. We truly appreciate your thoughtful recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Chevy Chase, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great concierge and welcome, from the greeting and check in to the follow up provided when I was FedExed out the car key of mine that had dropped to the floor of the closet.
Will return. Especially with a value rate.... in my case Hotel Tonight. But even without that discount, the location, the room, the service: all earned my return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the thoughtful review. We’re happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team and will be sure to pass those along. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

First off the products H2O are wonderful! Really fresh and love the shower every time we visit what can be a grimy city sometimes. While on my out to shop, Meg the concierge told me all the great places to go and that old navy was having their famous one day $1 flip flop sale and went out of her why to surprise me with a pair when she found out that I went the other direction and missed it to watch Colombia in the World Cup ! Melissa the front house manager is completely on it! She made sure we had all the extras we request and informed us about their new "we get it" policy which I'm a big fan of with all our travels. Thanks again for a wonderful, local stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing another fabulous review! We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new H2O Plus spa products. It’s a pleasure to hear my team and I could be of assistance during your stay and helped contribute to your positive experience at Kinzie Hotel. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another visit to Chicago!

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The entire Kinzie team made us feel like a part of the family. From the beginning where Amanda and Katie in reservations helped us, to checking in with Julian who was so helpful with dinner reservations we had an amazing time! It was a short trip but we'll be back for more soon!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the kind review! We’re so happy to hear enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our Front Office and Reservations teams! We take great pride in delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. We truly appreciate you sharing your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed in the Kinzie on the last leg of our trip to the US.The room was large and clean with coffee-maker and snacks.We availed of the complementary breakfast each morning which unusually was served on each floor.We also enjoyed the Happy Hour each evening when drinks and hors d oeuvres were served.
The hotel is very well located - close to all attractions and transport links and is close to many bars and restaurants.
We were particularly impressed by the check-in staff - polite and friendly. We felt that we were treated very fairly when our flight into Chicago was cancelled at very short notice and subsequently our cancellation call to the hotel was literally at the 11th hour.On check-out the cost of our first night was deducted which is not often the case in other hotels who use the small print to take as much as possible.
We would certainly stay here again and would recommend the Kinzie to anyone visiting the Windy City.

Room Tip: This is a city-centre hotel and some street noise is inevitable,but was not a problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your lovely review with the TripAdvisor community. We’re delighted you had an enjoyable—albeit brief—getaway with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to take advantage of all the sites and restaurants surrounding us. I’m pleased you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team and will be sure to pass those along! Your gracious recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Kinzie Hotel? Share your experiences!