“Great location & excellent experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kinzie Hotel

You added Kinzie Hotel to your Saves list
Kinzie Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654 (Formerly Amalfi Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save!
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Bellevue, Washington
“Great location & excellent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent 3 nights at Amalfi and had a superb experience. The staff was not overly friendly, but the rooms were excellent. The location was also nice - very centrally located and just minutes away from nice restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Many thanks for the lovely review! We’re happy to hear you had an “excellent experience” with us. I’m pleased you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of the many great restaurants around us. I’m further pleased to receive such kind comments about our team as well! We truly appreciate your kind recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Great base from which to visit Chicago, the hotel is very nice and clean. The breakfast consists of several buffet tables prepared on each floor so that you can just get out of bed grab something and go back, you can also visit several floors for variety. Overall a very good experience. Also had very helpfull staff, our luggage arrived late from the airport & the receptionist team could not have been more helpfull

Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the kind comments! We’re pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our front office team and to hear they were so helpful. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of items available. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place is great. Front desk staff VERY friendly and accommodating. theey ahve a continental breakfast each morning on every floor. They have a hospitality bar with free drink coupons from 5 - 8. The rooms are spacious and immaculate.I really like the Amalfi...it's WAY better than the Hyatt on Wacker. GREAT Popular bar on the corner. I've stayed here before and was very happy they have vacancies. Great location too. Not sure what else to say other than...they just get everything right!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your Amalfi experience with the TripAdvisor community! We’re delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to receive such kind comments about our front office team and will be sure to pass your feedback along. I’m also happy to know you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m further pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

St Joseph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My Girlfriend and I had a couple days off and wanted to take a trip to the city and after shopping around by price and quality I ended up booking a last minute trip to Amalfi. I had never stayed or even heard of the brand but took a chance.

Upon arriving the thing that stood our the most was the Fedora hats that the male staff wore, It suited the decor and feel of Amalfi perfectly and was something that could be cheesy if not done right but I loved them. The lobby was very modern and made great use of the space, check in was extremely easy and very personal. Our "Experience Designer" also had great suggestions for dinner. The only part i found off was how they just kind of thrust 2 bottles of water at you saying they are complimentary etc. I declined them and went up to the room where they had more water for 5$ a bottle. I would be nicer if there were 2 bottles in the room .

The Room was very nice, modern, well kept. The bed was extremely comfortable, Cd's were provided in the room for light music and Dvd rentals were complimentary if we were just looking to relax. The directory was also very helpful to learn a bit about what's in the area. The 2 things i feel that could be improved on is the A/C was alright but it only went down to i think 70 and the room could have used a walk in shower more than the shower/tub.

Breakfast and Cocktails were included as well, both tastefully done and relaxing. Breakfast is set up on each floor as a help yourself via the tray in the room, a very light healthy breakfast or start to the day. The cocktails and appetizers in their lounge is great for socializing and for the winding down at the end up of the day.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay and will probably be back, next time I may book a suite and see how that is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the glowing review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our front office team! We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to know we came through on that promise. I’m happy to hear you found your room to your liking, and appreciated the Italian-inspired décor there as well as in our lobby. Our HVAC system does go lower than 70 and I apologize if the instructions didn’t clearly indicate that. I’ll be following up with our Engineering Team to ensure that it is communicated in a clearer fashion. I’m also pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I agree our evening reception is a great way to unwind at the end of a busy day! Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend back for another weekend getaway soon!

ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently spent a long weekend at the Amalfi with my daughter for a special occasion. The lovely and incredibly convenient breakfast on your own floor each morning, the excellent 3 hour cocktail reception each day, free wifi and free local calls in a charming, extremely well situated hotel - makes this hotel hard to beat. Service is exceptional (aside from very friendly and helpful front staff, we came back to our room the first night to find a beautiful bottle of wine and two glasses awaiting us for a special birthday - in addition, a key left behind resulted in numerous calls from Erika from Customer Service who helped to retrieve it and who was a great pleasure to deal with). We did get a very good rate from Travelzoo ($139/night) but as long as this hotel continues to provide reasonable rates - this will be our "go to" hotel for our trips to Chicago. We loved it, have recommended it to others, and look forward to returning to the great city of Chicago and to this fabulous hotel. There's a reason the Amalfi receives so many good reviews - they are very well deserved.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor -stayed on the 6th across from a meeting room. Unfortunately the attend...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
What a lovely review! We’re thrilled you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our front office team—Erika, in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s always a pleasure to know we delivered on that promise. I’m pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and newly upgrade WiFi. I’m also happy you found our location in the downtown River North district convenient to your travel needs as well. We’re flattered to be your “go-to” hotel in Chicago and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a very nice (if short) stay at the Amalfi Hotel on a recent spring Saturday. My dog was with me and he was greeted with enthusiasm by the staff. All pet-friendly rooms are on the 2nd floor (6 floors total) and there is a $25 cleaning fee for pets (per stay, not per night). The valet service was excellent ($49.99 overnight). I enjoyed the complimentary happy hour, which was pleasantly packed. I met travelers from all over the world. The hotel, at least on this particular weekend, seemed to attract a European crowd. The room itself was spacious and comfortable. The continental breakfast was above average and just down the hall. Truly a pleasant stay. I will be back--the only hotel I enjoyed as much in this neighborhood is the Hotel Sax.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted that you and your pooch had such a pleasant stay with us. We love being a pet-friendly hotel and always enjoy having our four-legged friends stay with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception—I agree it’s a fantastic way to meet and mingle with other guests from around the world. I’m further pleased to know you found our spacious and comfortable rooms to your liking as well. Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you (and your dog!) back soon!

Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean. The breakfast consists of several buffet tables prepared on each floor so that you can just get out of bed grab something and go back :) and you can also visit several floors for variety. Overall a very good experience. I wanted to come back but it is quite expensive for my pockets so I need to find a sale before I can come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the thoughtful review! We’re pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m happy you liked our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, conveniently served on each floor, and appreciated the wide variety we offer—including cereal, muffins, hard-boiled eggs and more. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Kinzie Hotel? Share your experiences!