“fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kinzie Hotel

You added Kinzie Hotel to your Saves list
Kinzie Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654 (Formerly Amalfi Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Mother's Day Package!
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Akron, Ohio
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed here with my husband for our anniversary! they were able to allow us an early check in. they have a nice continental breakfast on every floor of the hotel. it has fruit, yogurt, danishes, some doughnuts, juice and coffee. perfect for a quick bite before you head out for the day. they also have a wonderful manager's reception in the evening. we were given some tickets for free drinks and they had some yummy cold cuts and veggies to munch on while enjoying your drink. the room was very nice. no issues at all. The hotel staff has to have the friendliest staff in town. i would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you kindly for the 5-star recommendation! We’re thrilled to hear you and your husband chose to celebrate your anniversary with us. We’re especially pleased to receive such kind feedback about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s always a pleasure to know we came through on that promise. I’m delighted you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. I’m further happy to know you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception and enjoyed the wide variety of tasty hors d’oeuvres. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to celebrate your next anniversary—if not sooner!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We originally had planned to stay in Boston for our first four days of our US holiday. Due to the bombing our hotel was closed. The day before we were to leave for our holiday we decided to change plans and spend two nights in LA and two nights in Chicago. I found this hotel after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. I booked this review 24 hours before we were due to leave Australia. From the moment we walked into the foyer and we left two days later, everything was perfect. There were free cocktails in the happy hour, daily continental breakfast in each floor, and cookies and hot chocolate in the afternoon in the lobby. We had a corner suite, and the room was perfect. There was a separate sitting room and large bedroom and bathroom. This hotel is also in a perfect location, and was close to the hop on and off tourist bus. I would not have any hesitation in staying here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
What a lovely review! We’re delighted to know your last-minute stay with us was a “perfect” one. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our other complimentary amenities, like our evening cocktail reception and afternoon cookies with hot chocolate! I’m happy our one-bedroom king suite was to your liking and that you appreciated the extra space it provides. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of the nearby Chicago Trolley Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour Bus—a great way to tour the city! We truly appreciate your flattering recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked a last minute stay here for around $130.

Pro: Complimentary cocktail reception with hors d oeuvres, and complimentary breakfast (nothing hot, just juice, yogurt, pastries). Nice big beds and nice sheets. Nice bathrooms and showers. Great location. Nice robes in room.

Con: No HBO, The hotel only goes up to the 6th floor, so you are closer to street level and street noise like ambulance sirens, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We’re pleased to know your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception, as well as our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. I apologize our TV selection was not to your liking. I’m pleased to let you know we’re in the process of upgrading our cable provider and will soon offer a more extensive cable package, including HBO, Showtime and a variety of music channels. As you mentioned, our hotel occupies the first 6 floors of the building we’re in and we do offer rooms away from the street, available upon request. Your kind review is appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Cordially,
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is the very best! Beautiful rooms, facilities and complimentary breakfasts. Free cocktails and nibbles in the early evening. Great staff, perfect location - cannot fault this hotel. If you go to Chicago; and why wouldn't you - it's a great city; look no further than the Amalfi. We travelled all over the USA and this - our first hotel on our travels - tops the lot! Well done, Amalfi!!

Room Tip: We had a high room, and it was really peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such wonderful guest feedback about everything from our rooms to our team. I’m pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and our evening cocktail reception. I’m happy to know you found our central downtown Chicago location to your liking as well. We’re flattered to be your favorite hotel in the U.S. and appreciate the glowing recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to the States!

Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Amalfi is a shiny little boutique hotel just north of The Loop in Chicago. I was in town for a conference, so I wasn't looking for a lot of flash, just an inexpensive place to sleep while I took in boring sessions during the day. The Amalfi gave me that and so much more. The bell staff wears fedoras. Or trilbys. I don't really know the difference. I just know they wear brimmed hats which seemed cheesy on day one and charming on day five. They were a very professional bunch that were always johnny on the spot when I needed anything. The room I had was spacious and clean. I had a horrible view of the narrow alley and I was window level with the offices across the alley, which made it awkward when I opened my curtains in the morning. The free continental breakfast on every floor was a great pick-me-up in the morning and the location was great. I would recommend and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a floor higher than four if possible, otherwise you might be looking at office workers out of yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We’re pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m pleased to receive such kind feedback about our front office team—especially our bellman! While I’m pleased to know you found our rooms spacious and clean, I apologize that the view was not your liking. We do have a number of rooms with city views that are available upon request. I encourage you to contact us directly prior to your next stay so we can make a note of your room request in your reservation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay in Chicago!

St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here during a Girls weekend and loved it! The staff where really friendly and helpful, offering up places to dine and directions. Everyone enjoyed the nightly happy hour in the 6th floor lounge. The drinks were good and the appitizers tasty. The rooms were clean and well appointed.
We liked being able to borrow DVDs from the front desk; they had a good selection.

We took the train from the airport and had just a short walk to the hotel. I would recommend getting the 72 hour pass if you plan to sight see. It's good for bus and rail. The hotel is in anice area and has good proximity to sights, shopping and dining. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you kindly for the 5-star review! We’re delighted you enjoyed your Girls Weekend with us! I’m especially pleased to receive such lovely feedback about our team and to know they were able to help you with directions and recommendations. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception and our wide selection of tasty hors d’oeuvres. I’m also happy to hear you appreciated our in-room DVD players as well as our large DVD rental collection. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our central location in downtown Chicago—I agree that the 72-Hour CTA pass is a great value and a helpful way to get around while sightseeing. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was my second time here and I absolutely love staying here. The location is great if you want to walk to shopping, restaurants, and bars. The cocktail party reception they throw has different types of meats, cheeses, and nice h'orderves. The breakfast is great. Don't forget to take the wooden tray found in your room and load up on your choice of pastries, yogurts, juice, coffee ,tea, cereal etc. Also when we couldn't find what we were looking for we just went to another floor and usually found it there. My only complaint is that the first time I went to this hotel for the reception drinks were unlimited. Now you only get two drinks per person,per night,but I understand it probably cost a them a lot to do unlimited drinks. All in all this hotel and Ebassy suites are my favourite hotels in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
What a flattering review! We’re thrilled to be one of your “favorite” hotels in the city. I’m happy to know you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the in-room trays to assist in gathering your breakfast items. I’m further pleased to know you enjoyed our evening cocktail reception. As you mentioned, each guest receives two complimentary drinks per night and is welcome to enjoy a complimentary selection of Italian-inspired hors d’oeuvres as well. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Kinzie Hotel? Share your experiences!