“Location, location, location. . . within walking distance to most of everything.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Save Saved
You added Kinzie Hotel to your Saves list
Kinzie Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654 (Formerly Amalfi Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 169 hotels in Chicago
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Super friendly staff!!! Withwin walking distance to most of everything yet away from the crowds and traffic. Most definitely quieter than staying at the magnificent mile where tourists are everywhere.

Continental breakfast and happy hour everyday!! This is a great way to meet other guests. Valet parking is convenient altho pricey. . . public parking is nearby but not sure if this is safe. Worth investigating to safe money. Public transportation is easily accessible too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I’m especially pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I agree that it’s a great way to mix and mingle with other guests. I’m also pleased to know you found our location in the vibrant River North district convenient and to your liking as well. Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

1,469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Everyone on staff at this hotel was accommodating and friendly. The view from the room was fantastic and the location was perfect for everything we wanted to do in Chicago. I had flowers delivered to our room before our arrival and the hotel staff went out of their way to notify me when the flowers arrived and kept them watered and safe until our arrival. All around this is a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your Amalfi experience! We’re delighted to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we delivered on that promise. I’m further pleased to know you found our central downtown location to your liking as well. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the second time my family and I stayed at the Amalfi, and we had, once again, the perfect stay. The welcoming staff is so pleasant, and tries to accomodate your every wish. We arrived early and got our room immediately. As usual, everything was spartan, the free WI-Fi was working, and we enjoyed our complimentary drinks. The complimentary continental breakfast on each floor is always a treat, with good coffee. We took the valet parking package, and this was worth it. The location is great, as it is near the Magnificent mile, but also close to State Street and its myriad of more affordable boutiques. Once again, we had the perfect stay, and thanks to the entire staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
What a thoughtful review! We’re absolutely flattered to hear your stay with us was “perfect” and that our team contributed to it! I’m especially pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast. I’m also happy to hear you found our central location in the downtown River North district to your liking and easily walk to the nearby sites like the Magnificent Mile and State Street! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a lovely review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Amalfi to celebrate an anniversary this month. This was actually my second time staying at the hotel. The first time was for a girls' vacation last year. I loved the hotel at that time, but we had some issues with the customer service. Nevertheless, I decided to give it another try. I'm so glad I did! Not only was the hotel as nice as I remembered, but the customer service had definitely improved! Everyone at the Amalfi was extremely nice and helpful. The hotel is in a great location, is very clean, and reasonably priced for Chicago. I will definitely try to stay here again next time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the glowing review! We’re honored that you and your husband chose to spend your anniversary with us and that it was an enjoyable stay! While I’m sorry to hear your previous stay with us was not typical of the Amalfi experience, I’m overjoyed that this time around our team lived up to the high standards of service we pride ourselves on. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Tubac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having stayed at other hotels in the River North area, I found this one to be exceptional. The check-in was efficient (unlike other places in Chicago), the room was very nice. I specifically asked for a quiet room and that is exactly what we got. Aveda products in the bathroom!
They have what looked to be a very nice happy hour held in a bar area. Unfortunately, we were on our way out both evenings and missed it. They did have a little breakfast selection on each floor which worked out well for us.
Overall, a very pleasant stay. If I had to say one thing negative, it would be (and this is being picky), housekeeping knocked on the door on 2 occasions (different days) and used their key to get in before I could get to the door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m especially pleased that you found our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and Aveda products to your liking. Hopefully next time you’ll be able to join us for our complimentary evening cocktail reception. We appreciate your feedback regarding our Housekeeping Department and have passed it along to the department supervisor. Thank you again for the kind review—we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a girls weekend at the Amalfi December 15th to 17th, 2012 with my daughters and friend, and this hotel was everything the reviews said and more. From the comfortable and homey lobby and welcoming staff to the music playing in our room upon arrival and the delicious appetizers and Amalfitini...this experience was wonderful. They were very good about helping with anything we needed from calling a cab to giving directions when we called lost. I had never been to Chicago but I am now in love. The hotel is in a very central location and we walked to numerous places including Daley Park, the Magnificent Mile, State Street and many more. We also enhanced our tour with the Winter Lights Trolley and Flavors of Chicago Tour from Tastebud Tours both which were great! I have nothing bad to say at all about this experience. I would definately stay here again and recommend to anyone planning a stay in Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for the kind feedback! We’re delighted to hear your girls weekend was an enjoyable one! I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception—especially our signature Amalfitini cocktail. I’m also pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of our central location in downtown Chicago and visit all the nearby sites like the Magnificent Mile and State Street as well as all the fabulous tours Chicago has to offer! Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you all back for another girls weekend soon!

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

It's the nice extra touches that set the Amalfi aside from the competition. Breakfast by the elevators on each floor (I loved how everyone just wandered to breakfast in their pyjamas) and complimentary drinks (yes......thats free!) and nibbles from 530-700 every evening. Free wi-fi, although it was patchy, clean room (although in my opinion 3 star decor), friendly staff and great location.

I'm a light sleeper though and above all I value a quiet room. Ours was perfect in that regard.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind feedback! We’re delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m especially pleased to know you appreciated the “extra touches” like our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast served on each floor. I’m also pleased to know you appreciated our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Been to Kinzie Hotel? Share your experiences!