“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601   |
Ranked #79 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

From the time we walked in the door it was great. We were greeted and immediately found our reservation. The staff is very courteous and helpfull. We reserved a room with a view of Michigan Ave and that is what we got. I have had reservations that were not as projected on websites and this was not one of them. The room was on a corner of the building looking south to the river and was a great view night or day.

HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
First and foremost, thank you for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share this outstanding feedback with us! We're thrilled to hear that you received such highly personalized service from our staff and you enjoyed your room overlooking Michigan Avenue. We certainly hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
Centereach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I attended a conference this week, and had a room on the 22nd floor. The room was beautiful, the service was great, and the hotel staff very accomodating. I forgot to hang the sign for room cleaning on the door, and when we returned to an unmade room, the staff cleaned and freshened the room within 30 minutes. We had breakfast one morning, and it was inexpensive, and delicious. The location is really great, and the views are amazing. We had other friends staying in other nearby hotels, and their rooms were no where near as nice as ours. My only complaint was the room was next to the ice machine and kept me awake. Overall, a great experience, and I would visit again. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such outstanding feedback on your most recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your beautiful, well-appointed guest room on the 22nd floor, friendly and accommodating service from our staff, inexpensive and delicious breakfast and central Michigan Avenue location. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business or leisure travels bring you back to the Windy City. Thanks again for your review!
Niles, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for the location for the Blackhawk Stanley Cup Parade and it was perfect. We live in the Chicago suburbs, but did not want to commute in the morning. It was a close walk to our favorite restaurant The Grand Lux going North, and a close walk to Grant Park for the parade walking south. We were very impressed with our whole experience from making the reservation to leaving. The room had a great view of the city, was modern, had a refrigerator, ipod station, flat screen TV, beautiful shower and bathroom, and a super comfortable bed with a down comforter. The classic rock and roll pumped throughout the building and the memorabilia was awesome to look at. It was fun and exciting. Not only the inside, but the building itself architecturally is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel. Another plus is the valet parking; you get in and out privileges and even though check out is at noon, you get to keep your car there until 5 PM for no additional cost, which was perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share such outstanding feedback on your stay with us during the Stanley Cup parade! Overall, it sounds like you had an authentic guest experience from the time you checked in until the time you checked out; we couldn't be more thrilled! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our central Michigan Avenue location, beautiful city views, modern decor, music memorabilia and our historic home in the Carbide and Carbon Building. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time the Hawks win the Stanley Cup! Thanks again for the review!
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel front desk had me booked (and charged!) for more nights than stated on my reservation confirmation. Front desk could not correct problem when I gave them the confirmation number, and instead made me print out a copy of the email they sent me before they would correct the problem. Why do I need to get hard copy proof from their own back room operation before they will correct a problem? Shouldn't they be willing to do that?

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you very much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that was caused with your reservation; we regret that you had to go through the trouble of printing out your confirmation and certainly should have been able to correct the problem through our computer system. Please contact us at email@hardrockhotelchicago.com if you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail; we would love the opportunity to earn back your brand confidence. Thanks again for your review!
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Looks like you were trying too hard to be hip. Small rooms showing their age (scratched doors, rotting bottom of bathroom door, leaking faucet.) First room I was in where I was afraid to use the dresser for fear of setting off the motion sensor on the snack tray. I am still not sure if there was a fridge I could have stored my drinks in because I was afraid if I opened the door where I thought it was it might charge me.
Nice decorations and furnishings but lighting was a bit dim.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for sharing this valuable feedback with us; we only wish you had enjoyed a more positive guest experience. While we're happy to hear that you enjoyed our musically-inspired atmosphere, we do apologize the the ambient lighting was not your style. We hope you will consider coming back for a return visit so we can really show you what we're all about. Thanks again for the review!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I drove to Chicago and the hotel provided valet service for $50 per night. The check-in staffs are super friendly and helpful. The lobby is very classy and upscale. The floor I stayed in has a "Elton John" theme. I am not a fan of him but the room is very comfortable. The location of the hotel is in the middle of the main shopping loop. I am a "The Dark Knight" fan and I managed to spot out some film locations near the hotel. There's a great restaurant in the hotel. Breakfast was decent. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Wow! Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share this first-star review with us! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our modern, musically-inspired atmosphere and central Michigan Avenue location in close proximity to the city's hottest local attractions, shops and restaurants. Nice call on The Dark Knight; the movie was indeed filmed on lower Wacker right near our property! We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago. Thanks again for this outstanding review!
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has wonderful, comfortable rooms that exceeded my expectations. The staff was very helpful and eager to please. I did not have the frightening experience another reviewer had, but I agree that there is nothing in place to keep people from walking in off the street and going up to the rooms. Perhaps requiring a room key card to use the elevator could help.

• Stayed June 2013
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
First and foremost, thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share this five-star review on your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that our guest rooms and helpful staff exceeded your expectations. As a note of disclosure, we take security very seriously and have a security team on hand 24 hours per day to ensure our guest's safety. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for your review!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!