“Commitment to excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

You added Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   165 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Christchurch
“Commitment to excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is my eighth night at this establishment and it is rarely that you receive such consistent and high quality commitment to the guest's experience. All of the staff, from the cleaners to the managers, were dedicated to providing a quality experience. The food in the restaurant was of a consistently high standard be it breakfast or dinner and the friendly, natural and obviously happy staff added to the experience. I've stayed in most of the top hotels in Chicago but for overall experience, this is the one I'll be coming back to. Well done and thank you for. Great stay.

Room Tip: I had four of my team staying here and they all had nice rooms so ...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Director_of_Sales_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty to our property. We are delighted to hear your experience has been high quality and consistent. Viand Restaurant Bar & Kitchen has an extended menu which can accomodate to any taste intended for. We are very thankful that you have shared your pleasent experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Stratford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I found the service and rooms more than adequate. I spent 3 nights in a king with sofa bed, which was perfect for my mother, sister and I. The pull out sofa bed was fine for a few nights, wouldn't want to sleep on it every night but the increased floor area when bed was put away was really nice to sit after a long day on our feet in the City. I liked that we could open the windows, and the room was extremely clean we moved desks out to use the plugs behind the side tables and no surprises. We were on the 15th floor and the sirens were something to get used to, but bearable. The location is very convenient to getting to the red line and walking in the City. Whenever we were in the Lobby there was always someone there to ask if we needed any help or recommendations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Director_of_Sales_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review! We are so happy to hear you and your family were fully accomodated during your stay. We couldn't agree more; we love our location! We are located in the heart of the city with the magnificent shopping, restaurants, and main attractions. It was our pleasure accomodating you, we hope you come back soon!
cooper city, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here as this was one of the recommended hotels for a trade show. The good stuff about this hotel: The location is great. Great shopping and even better restaurants are within walking distance. The rooms were very clean as well. The bad: there was a problem with the water in the shower. The pressure was very poor and a hot shower was a problem. The water temp was warm at best.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It is our pleasure to accomodate you during your stay. It is always enjoyable hearing how much our guests love our location just as much as we do. We hope you come visit again soon!
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was ok. I can't say that I absolutely loved it and I can't say that I hated it. It was your normal Courtyard, nothing really exciting. I think the most exciting part was the location. Just one block to Michigan Avenue is a huge plus. The room was clean and comfortable though some of the furniture worn and dated. Definitely a lot of noise from the ambulances. It was noticeable from my room but after awhile I got used to it.

Customer Service was ok. Not outstanding. I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and it wasn't even acknowledged when I checked in.As much as I travel, its sometimes nice to be thanked for loyalty. Definitely not my hotel of choice in Chicago but if I had to stay again I would.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We couldn't agree more that our location is one of the most exciting parts of being in the Magnificent Mile. We are surrounded by the amazing shopping, restaurants and main attractions in Chicago. Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectation; we can ensure that this won't happen again. We hope that we can have another chance at hosting your stay to show you the real Courtyard way.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend for a business trip, and really enjoyed it a great deal. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and it was nice having the free wifi. The location is perfect if you're a shopper - just a block off all those Michigan Ave stores! Having the Starbucks right in the lobby is really convenient. The meeting rooms were comfortable as well, and the staff who were supporting us for our meetings really bent over backward to make sure that had what we needed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Director_of_Sales_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your warm comments regarding you recent stay. We are delighted to hear your stay was comforatable and convenient. We work hard to exceed guest expecations and there is nothing more rewarding than hearing it from our guests themselves! We hope to host your next stay downtown!
Thompsons Station, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and Courtyard's in particular; I must say I really like this Courtyard. The location is very convenient - downtown Chicago. The rate was fair, the property in excellent shape, the rooms are nice, it's quiet, the staff is very accommodating, it's upscale in feel, and close to many restaurants. What else can I say, I only stayed one night but I'd go out of my way to go back here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyalty to our brand. We are so happy you enjoyed our location; we love it too! We are located just a few steps from the Magnificent Mile shopping, restaurants, and main attractions. We hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were very disappointed in this courtyard by marriott. We had reserved a suite a month in advance of our trip date,when we arrived we were told sorry we oversold that room so you are getting a standard room with a king bed and a pull out sofa.So we asked how could you over sell a room as if you dont know how many you have? She said well actually the people that had rented before you decided to extend their stay.So we asked are we going to be getting a reduced rate for the standard room we are getting instead of the suite we rented she said actually no because we prepaid our room we wouldnt be getting an adjustment. So for your trouble here is a coupon for free breakfast at our buffett!.So apparently when you prepay your room in advance they can just give you whatever when you get to the hotel with no adjustment.Complete rip off!! The room itself was very small so when we opened the sofa bed we had absolutely no floor space and they use very strong smelling air freshner. Also The pool was green. On the upside the breakfast buffett was okay and the staff in the restaurant was very friendly. I will definetly look else where than a marriott in the future because this is the room your getting over this is the room you rented is very unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. Our main focus is to exceed guest expectation; we will be in contact with the appropriate department head to reslove this from reoccurring. As for the breakfast in Viand, the daily buffett is a new addition and we are thankful for your feedback. Again, thank you for your comments; we hope that we have the opportunity to host your stay in the future to show you the true experience.

Been to Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!