We have stayed downtown Chicago many times and find each location has it's pluses and minuses.
This one has mostly pluses! Less than 1 block from Michigan Ave. on Ontario near St. Clair. Great location to walk to/from as it's very central. Check-in was smooth and fast. The elevators and quick, we never waited for one.Our room on the 23rd (out of 24) floor had 1 king bed, chair and ottoman, desk, large flat screen tv, fridge. Closet had an iron and the hair dryer in it. Bathroom was large (although we did have a handicap room). It was a busy weekend in the city being just before Christmas so lots of traffic and people. The only downsides I found was the first night I had some trouble sleeping and it seemed there were sirens blaring all the time. I think there is a hospital very near to the hotel. Also in the morning when people were getting ready it seemed we could hear a lot through the door and the connecting door. So, if you have good hearing you may want to bring ear plugs.
They do have a pool on the 10th floor. It's quite small but I'm sure entertained the families that were there. The exercise room appeared like it was adequate size.
A bonus for Garrett's Popcorn lovers is there is a store right outside the door on Ontario. Big lines at it all weekend long!
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Courtyard Chicago
- Chicago Courtyard
- Chicago Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the grandeur of the Windy City at Courtyard Chicago Downtown Hotel near Magnificent Mile. Enjoy newly renovated lobby and guest rooms with 32" LCD televisions, full-service amenities, an Art Deco-inspired design and the renowned value and service of a Courtyard. Our Chicago hotel near Magnificent Mile is ideally located, just minutes from the Loop business district, Navy Pier, Lincoln Park Zoo, McCormick Place and premium shopping at Macy's, Tiffany & Co., Nordstrom's, and Neiman Marcus along Chicago's famous Magnificent Mile. Pamper yourself with an indoor pool & fitness facility, a Starbucks Coffee Shop, and an upscale restaurant, as well as over 3,700 square feet of space, nine meeting rooms, on-site catering, and complimentary fiber optic high-speed Internet access. Offering upscale, affordable lodging in the city, we're a leader among Downtown Chicago hotels near Magnificent Mile. Discover the thrill and excitement of the Windy City at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.