“Comfortable hotel, nice attendance” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #104 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Mexico City, Mexico
“Comfortable hotel, nice attendance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Comfortable hotel, very nice attendance from everyone in hotel (front desk, waitrice, all the staff). Specially decent pricing.
The plus is that the staff was very friendly and attentive and made you feel like you were at home

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SedinaP, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. They love to see comments like this! Have a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in Illinois for business and decided to check out Chicago at the last minute. Hotels were expensive, so checked out places near Midway. Decent pricing, but not the greatest deal considering the neighborhood. The plus is that the staff was very friendly and attentive and made you feel like you were at a five star hotel. The room is small, but clean. The bed was comfortable enough, and the pillows were fluffy. Great advantage to having a free shuttle to the airport, where you can then take the orange line to the city.
A major downside to this room is that I had brought leftovers back from dinner only to discover that there is NO mini fridge!! I've stayed at worse hotels that have at least some place to stash your food...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property .I am sorry that your room did not have a refrigerator. Please request at check in next time and we will attempt to block you in a room that does since many but not all do have them. Have a great day!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at almost midnight on a business trip. The front desk staff was very friendly. The check in process was simple and quick. Unfortunately when I got to the door of my room neither of the two keys worked. No big deal, when you travel a great deal like I do, that happens sometimes. I went back to the front desk for new keys where I received a prompt apology and an upgrade. I assured the clerk I was not upset in the least, but she insisted that I take the upgraded room. Thank you!

The room was nice and clean. I had granite countertops in the bathroom, a soft comfy bed, and it was quiet. Even though I was next to the elevator it was quiet.

Overall a very good hotel with a caring staff. Stay here with confidence.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that your key did not work and my staff was able to quickly address the issue and upgrade you to one of our suite. I will pass your compliments to her. Have a great day!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here for the convenience of catching an early flight out of Midway Airport the next morning. Free shuttle bus to airport was on time and got me there quickly. I was in a single queen room which was very small but perfectly clean and comfortable for one person. I did wish there were more power outlets on the desk and/or nightstand. I had to scatter my laptop, tablet, and cell phone throughout the room to get them all plugged in and charged.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your travel needs quickly. I am sorry that the room you stayed in did not have enough power outlets and thank you for the feedback to improve. Have a great day!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This review is long OVER due busy with travels and still have 10 more reviews to write; that said like title states I was there with my buddies for ND vs. Stanford game and it was a stressful game for me to watch along with the SH*** weather, but was happy to see that ND pulled off the victory.

PRO:

Well on to the my experience with hotel. room was average came with your basic essentials. customer service was good. and Breakfast and services was above par.have plenty of places to eat that are within walking distances.

CONS:
I will say that rooms here are pricier but it should be expected since your in shy town, if you planning on taking the Economic route and have 3 stay to a room best reserve a pull out bed for them to get you, here is the other bad part about that, they will charge you $25.00 for roll out bed. I feel if you are a frequent member of there chains it should be supplied as a courtesy.

other than that the neighborhood is a little shady so be-careful walking at night.

Room Tip: They Charge for Roll away beds... not cool if your are frequent customer of there chain... my compan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SedinaP, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am glad
to hear that our breakfast and services were up to your expectations and I will be sure to pass along your review to the staff. As we strive to provide the best experience possible for our guests and ensure that our loyal Marriott Rewards members feel appreciated and taken care of, I would like to speak with you directly regarding the rolloway bed issue.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
I can be reached at 708-594-0090.

Sedina Pivac
Vernon Hills, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was standard for this type of place. Like a Hampton or Holiday Inn.
Rooms were clean and well laid out. Staff friendly and helpful. Check in and out were fast and efficient. Complimentary breakfast was the usual fair. Not much else to say really.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that our hotel’s cleanliness was up to your standards and I can assure you that you can always expect friendly service and clean rooms every time that you stay at our property. Based on your review I could see that we have an opportunity to improve our breakfast offerings. Can you please let me know if there was something that you would like to see added or changed to make our breakfast great?
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This modest hotel has an outstanding staff that is not only very polite but goes out of its way to help its travelers. We will definitely stay here on our Chicago visits in the future; it's very easy to get from when driving from out of town and close to the stores and museums we like to visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!