“parking fee” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Orlando, Florida
“parking fee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here last year and eventho others were charging parking fee Fairfield did not. But just another way to milk the public. This is an open parking so I dont understand the fee. The hotel is nice and staff is very helpful and friendly. We were placed in a handicap room where the sink was like a small bowl with hardly enough room for toiletries (did not know why we were placed there?). Breakfast was nice but I think I will look in the area for other hotels before I return to this comlex with a parking fee, other than making money this makes no sense.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport for 2 nights for Chicago sightseeing. It is located within one mile from Chicago Midway airport (MDW) with frequent airport shuttle facility. Despite being close to the airport, you dont get any airplavne noise. The complementary breakfast is decent - service at this restuarant which opens only for breakfast is excellent though. Even front office staff are courteous and ever ready to help. Felt very satisfied as we got best value for money!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Brooksville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Good hotel and good staff. Hotel was close to Midway airport and to the different places that we needed to visit while in the city. Major concerns were noise levels. I expected to hear noise from the airplanes but I didn't expect to be able to hear everything that was going on in the next room. When I say you could hear everything I mean you could hear everything. When we checked in I couldn't believe it when I was told that it would cost me $13 a day to park our rental vehicle there. Now we aren't talking about some fancy covered parking lot. We are talking about just a plain lot like the one you would see outside of any type of resturant or store. If you came there to eat at one of the resturants it was free parking but if you spent the night it was $13 per day. The breakfast was okay if you were in a hurry but I would recommend going out to eat. Only 1 computer in the lobby and no privacy while using it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Allentown (PA)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

• I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport (6630 South Cicero Ave) for one night before a morning flight
• It is located about one mile from Chicago Midway airport (MDW) in a complex dedicated to airport hotels including Marriott, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Sleep Inn, and Hampton Inn
• Buses run every (20) minutes to/from the complex and MDW airport – the buses serve the entire complex of hotels, they are not dedicated to any single hotel
• There is a TGI Fridays restaurant located in the middle of the complex a short walk from any of the hotels in the complex
• The Fairfield Inn was clean, the room & furnishings in good physical shape, quiet, and comfortable
• There is a pool room with hot tub just off the lobby - I did not use it, but it looked clean and in good condition
• A continental breakfast is served in the lobby area which I did not utilize
• Free WIFI access is provided – I had no problem connecting to both my laptop and I-phone
• There is a charge for parking if you have a car
• I did have an issue with a vending machine that did not register money deposited - the front desk refunded the money without any problem
• This Fairfield Inn and the adjacent Sleep Inn typically have the lowest prices of any of the hotels in this MDW airport complex. I paid $129 per night, the others (excluding the Sleep Inn) are typically in the $189 (or more) range during the weekday
• If you want to be near MDW airport, a good room, and excellent value without “full service frills”, this is an excellent choice

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is no doubt convenient to midway. The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired. The room felt old. The water pressure was non-existent. But then for the area it's in, I'm not sure you are going to find anything better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldInnMidway, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn, Chicago-Midway. We appreciate you commenting on your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that not everything was up to standards.
I hope you would consider giving us another opportunity and notify me when you are coming. I would be more than happy to ensure that you have a great room and your stay is much better one.
I know that given another opportunity we will surely exceed your expectations! If there is absolutely anything that I can do for you regarding your future accommodations please do not hesitate to contact me personally!

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites!

Elena Nikolova
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

SUPERFLUSH EXPLANATION AT THE END, BUT IMPORTANT!

The staff at this hotel, especially at the reception is super friendly and customer service oriented. The lobby area is adequate, clean.
Hotel itself and rooms are just that, the lower end of the Marriott brand. Hotel must be about 25 years old and it is beginning to show in the hallways and rooms. Hotel is used by a lot of locals. No real business center, just a desktop and printer in front of the lobby. Lobby is not inviting, so I did not try the free breakfast.

Walls are thin as you can hear alarms, music in adjacent rooms.

HERE IS THE SUPERFLUSH:
This hotel has water saving devices installed in the tanks of thew toilets. Every time anyone flushes a toilet, ot takes about 30 full seconds to flush and makes a loud noise similar to AIRPLANE TOILETS. That is ok, if you ar econcerned about the environment. However, every time the people in the adjacent rooms flush, you can hear it.
DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE A LIGHT SLEEPER.

I took precious time to write this review to help you make a better informed decision before booking your next stay. PLEASE take 3 seconds to indicate if this review was helpful. It would help me to know.

Thanks!

Room Tip: According to housekeeping, corner rooms on any floor are the quietest + Keep your bathroom door clos...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
FairfieldInnMidway, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you so much for commenting on your stay with us. I would like to take the time to sincerely apologize that you had to encounter these experiences. The Fairfield Inn and Suites pride itself on being a great facility and I am truly sorry for your room not being up to the standards you would expect.
Please consider giving us another opportunity and notify me when you are coming. I would be more than happy to ensure that you have a great room and your stay is much better one.

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites!

Elena Nikolova
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I enjoy my stay employee;s very professional I love my room layout.
And the breakfast was GOOD love the waffel got bto come back and have breakfast.
Housekeeper was very nice and professsional
I have to give u 5 star. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!