In Chicago for seminar and this was the host hotel. Right off highway and $36.00 cab ride for O'Hara. Check in was smooth and hotel appears to be an older building that has been nicely renovated. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There are doormen and valets and ample staff.
My room was on the 16 floor and was next to elevator. I never heard the elevator and the room was very quiet. The a/c/heat is an individual wall unit so there is some noise from that but was not overbearing or a nuisance. It appears that every room has a balcony but the building is sideways from downtown so not major skyline view.
The bed was very comfortable and room was well kept. Maid service was in and out every day and no issues with them or the job they did. There is a coffee maker in the room as well as an electronic safe. Coffee makes about 3-4 cups. There is also free coffee downstairs at front desk but appears they take it down about 8 am.
The wireless internet is free and I noticed a internet cord in the drawer if needed, Internet was high speed and adequate.Next to the hotel is a 24 hr walgreens and also a grocery store. There are two starbucks within a block and several 24 hr greek restuarants within 2-3 blocks. Felt safe walking in area during day and night but there were some panhandlers.
We had a little difficulty getting our morning paper the first couple of days as the priority club members are suppose to have a USA today at door in morning but was finally corrected on third day.
My buddy said to avoid the corner room as they are a little smaller. Also, we were at the same conference at the same rate but his was 30. per night higher than my rate He inquired at checkout and they lowered his rate to be in line with my rate.
The hotel has a bar and restaurant that appears to be operated by an independent vendor. It was in the corner and opened up to the street so didn't feel like a hotel bar and was nice. A little expensive but not overly. $10.00 for basic breakfast of 2 eggs, bacon, toast and potatos. The breakfast buffett was $16.00. I only ate breakfast there two mornings and it was decent. Several local beers on tap and staff was friendly and fun. You can charge to your room and was open to at least 11 each night we were there.
No pool, no hot tub, no sauna but was told that the workout center was nice. This is a good clean nice safe basic business hotel near downtown. You have to use a key to get to your floor any time of the day and there was always plenty of staff around. There was a wine and cheese reception one night for the hotel guests.
If my review was helpful...give me a thumbs up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro. Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro, the closest hotel to the United Center, is a winning choice for your lodging needs. Nestled in the shadow of the Sears Tower, the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro is centrally located to many of Chicago's finest attractions. Just blocks from the Loop, and Michigan Ave./Magnificent Mile shopping, Chicago Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago and Navy Pier are located a short distance away. From its brilliantly designed architecture, sleek modern interiors, masterfully appointed guest rooms and numerous amenities, the Chicago Metro is the perfect choice for the discerning traveler. Experience our highly acclaimed restaurant Dine, with eclectic cuisine to fit every palate served in a charming retro diner atmosphere with an upbeat contemporary style. Our event space and outstanding service make Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro The Place to Meet. Our Crowne Meetings Director coordinates every detail of your event, making us the favorite for wedding, conference, banquet and meeting planners. The Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro is everything you expect, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro