“My preferred business hotel in the city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #96 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Indianapolis, Indiana
“My preferred business hotel in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've stayed at many hotels across the city and I prefer this one because it's a little outside of the action, yet very short walk to great restaurants/pubs and right next to grocery store and pharmacy. Walkable to Union Station and Willis Tower, but cab to lakeside or Michigan Ave. People who make negative comments probably rarely travel and have no comparison. I only wish they would upgrade there fitness center....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I arrived at The Crowne Plaza Metro after a 20 hour train ride at 11:00AM, obviously the first thing we wanted to do was take a shower, but since check in is at 3PM we didn't think we had a chance. Luckily our room was ready and we were able to check in. James brought our bags to our room and even got us an upgrade on our room because of the length of our stay {Let's just say we are Priority Platinum member now for the next couple of years}. I recommend applying for Prority rewards- If you are a member you get a free drink voucher, so why not! Plus you quickly add points which earns you free nights stay at any Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn.
comfortable. We had two balconies which faced the Wills Tower. Our room was very large. It had a sitting area with flat screen TV, pull out bed couch and desk and a separate bedroom area with another flat screen TV. There is a coffee machine, Iron, hair dryer and a safe in the room. The bedding is very plush, soft andower. Amazing how you open the balcony door and the raucous buzz of the city invades, but close it and it's quite peaceful. There is also free Internet in your room.
The staff here is great. They are very friendly, nice and always want to help your stay in Chicago be it's best. On Wednesdays they host a Wine and Cheese party hosted by two of the staff members. This allows the staff to really get to mingle with the guests and answer any questions they may have.
The location is excellent. The blue line train is a couple of blocks away and only cost $2.50 to get to the airport, if you decide to take a cab that is about $40. The hotel is in Greek Town, so there's plenty to do there and plenty of restaurants to eat at. If you do not feel like leaving the hotel Dine is a great place to go. You can either sit in the dining room, that has a fancy menu or sit at the bar which has a bar menu. If you like IPAs my husband loved the local beer Daisy Cutter which they have on tap.
If you are planing to see a taping of the Rosie show or attend a game at the United Center- this hotel is perfect for you.
There is no pool, but the exercise room was clean and nice.
I would stay here again with no hesitation and I will definitely recommend it to my friends and family. The price of the rooms are an excellent value for all of the amenities and location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Crystal Lake, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The bed was so firm and uncomfortable that I was not able to sleep!! Also they over charged my credit card by 60 dollars. I had to spend 20 minutes getting my money back to my credit card. The service people were unhelpful and rude. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone; well maybe if you don’t want any sleep and you want to be over charged than go for it!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
bfishmetro, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback to us on your recent stay. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the service staff regarding your hotel charges. Our customer service training focuses on creating immediate solutions to guest complaints and I apologize that we did not meet this standard in your case. I have reviewed your comments with the entire management team and we are committed to making this right for you. We have sent you a private response requesting the opportunity to speak with you directly and I am hopeful that you would consider giving the hotel another chance to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional service and product.

Norm Theoret
(312) 602-2111
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Overall this was a nice hotel and the parking package made it a steal (Only ten dollars more for a 35 dollar valet parking). Though I would caution if you are looking to get a good nights sleep before a big interview. I had a professional school interview the next morning, and I barely got any sleep with how noisy it was.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Blake F,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our "Nice Hotel with a Great Parking Package......". We want to thank you for the feedback because we strive continuously to have a hotel for our guest to enjoy with great experiences when they stay with us. We will be including your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We are very sorry about the noise levels here at our hotel. It is an area of opportunity that we continue to address to because we want to ensure our guests have a quiet and excellent stay. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Thank you again for your feedback, and if I can be of any service to you or if you should have any questions, please feel free to contract me directly at 312.829.5000, ext. 2038.

FINDLAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Just getting ready to check out of this property as I write this review.

Very happy overall with my stay here.

- Hotel was very easy to find off of 90/94, Exit 51D.
- Room was very comfortable and quiet with a nice little balcony allowing for a view of the Sears Tower.
- Doormen and staff were very hospitable and friendly.
- Really like the business center which I am currently using.
- Shower in the room was unique and very nice!

Downers:

- Got Room Service this morning for breakfast. I realize it wasn't going to be cheap, but $3 for a 4 ounce yogurt? C'mon man!

Overall great place to stay and will come back again!

PS -- Make sure to check out Carmichael's Steakhouse on Monroe St -- about a half mile walk. Pricey but nice atmosphere and a free shuttle to United Center.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear seabass872,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel being a "Nice place to stay in Chicago". We want to thank you for the feedback because we strive continuously to have our hotel positioned as a nice place to stay for our guests when they stay with us. We will include your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We will also celebrate your comments with our staff members so they can celebrate your previous stay. We want you to know our travelers' feedback is very important to our staff. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Crowne Plaza Metro in Chicago is right on the West Loop and provides amazing views of downtown Chicago, especially the Willis Tower. Everything is just a couple of minutes of walk away; a bus stand, lots of restaurants, other shops/stores. A CTA station is about 5mins away. We got a good deal through priceline and were really happy with the hotel. The only hitch was that there is no self-park in the hotel and the valet parking is too expensive. Atleast the valet directed us to a public pay-parking lot just a block away, which was much cheaper. Did not try out the in-hotel dining, so no comments. The rooms were spacious, neat and well-maintained.

Would definitely recommend if you get a good deal on the price!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Buffalo Grove, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I helped my son book an overnight stay at Crowne Plaza hotel. We booked through orbitz.com which I will warn you, does not always give accurate information regarding "rules" around a hotel stay, even when speaking with a person live. Our challenge was to find a nice hotel near United Center as my son who is 20 and his girlfriend had tickets for the Bulls and Hawks games back to back. My son is on a budget and so it was important that there was no high fees for parking. Also since he is 20 we wanted to make sure there were no issues with him checking in. Again, booked through Orbitz who confirmed there were no restrictions on age and also that parking was free. My son arrives at the hotel, calls me very freaked out to find out that first, he has to be 21 to get the room and second, there is only valet parking at a cost of $30 per 24 hours. He handed the phone to the manager, Michael, whom I spoke to and explained the due diligence I did in booking the room, the information received from Orbitz and also that the write up on Orbitz.com listed parking and valet parking indicating there were two options for parking. This situation could have turned out to be a nightmare but Michael exhibited excellent customer service in handling the situation. He asked that I send him an email confirming I would take responsibility for my son and second asked I email the description listed on Orbitz and our reservation regarding no mention of fees with parking. I did both and he not only let my son and his girlfriend get the room, he waived the parking fee for the night. He handled the situation well! My son said the room was great, they ordered room service and learned the hard way how much that cost and had a great night watching the Bulls down the street! Thank you Michael and Crowne Plaza Chicago for making my son's weekend trip wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear pmazcomm,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our "Excellent Customer Service". We want to thank you for the feedback because of the delicate nature of your sons' stay and how you worked with our staff to ensure we met your needs. We want all of our guests when they come to town to see our sports teams to have memorable experiences when they stay with us. It sounds like your son had one with his Room Service memories. We will be including your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We will inform Michael of your feedback and I'm sure he will share in your son's memories and his experiences. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro? Share your experiences!