“Chicago's Best” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Chicago's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My husband and I need a quick get away, so we choose Chicago. We went on Priceline and got a great deal for the best stay ever! The Ivy provided immaculate service from the courteous greeting, to the turn down service! The Ivy is a superb choice. The decor was classy, web service quick, and concierge eager to help. The desserts at bedtime were delicious and were delivered with fresh ice. The room was cleaned everyday to perfection, although there was someone different everyday that serviced the room, you've never known the difference in service. The Ivy made our stay like home. We will come back to this establishment the next time we come back to Chicago! Thanks Ivy your staff was incredible!!!!

Room Tip: Use Priceline for a great deal!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for joining us at the IVY Hotel and for sharing the details of your stay. Thank you for noticing our attention to detail when it comes to our housekeeping standards. Thank you for the kind words about our staff; we're looking forward to welcoming you back!

T. 312.335.5444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Shelbyville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ivy Boutique in down town Chicago. The staff was as friendly & helpful as any I have known. The front door was always opened. When I needed ice it was more than I needed. The staff was a wealth of information about Chicago. The room was deluxe, very contemporary with TVs in every room including one behind the mirror in the bathroom. The hotel only had 5 rooms per floor so there was only a short walk from the elevator to each room. The rooms were extremely quiet. The curtains & blinds were controled by buttons on the wall.The valet parking attendents were the best and the price was less than the surrounding hotels by $10. When I went back to my car the next day I was approached by an attendent to see if I was the owner, great security. The hotel is located about a block & a half from the magnififent mile (Michigan Ave) so we were able to walk around the mile easily. There were many good restaurants within walking distance for instance Lawrys was a block away. We will go back to the IVY Botique when in Chicago.

Room Tip: We got the last one a few days before arrival so plan and make reservations early.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for joining us at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the trip to our property and Chicago! We hope to see you on your next visit to Chicago.

Chic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for 1 night but we will go back again. Small, contemporary & well-appointed hotel. Room was nice size with comfortable furniture. Sitting area, sleeping area, bar area & bathroom. Nice finishes. Staff very nice.

Stayed January 2013
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking an opportunity to write a fantastic review about our property. Thank you for the kind words about our guestroom amenities and our staff. We wish you would join us on your next visit to downtown Chicago!

Riverview, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ivy for our one year wedding anniversary in Nov 2013. The location was perfect. The room was nice, not as luxurious as the website and reviews make it sound, but very good for a downtown room. The service however was atrocious. The rooftop bar/lounge didn't exist...no one told us. When we went to check in, we discovered there was a substantial credit card hold (additional $350 on top of the cost of our room) that would be added to our card. While we worked on getting the funds into the correct account to give to them, the guy at the check in desk was EXTREMELY RUDE. Saying things like "May I ask how you planned on paying for dinner tonight if you don't have any money?" and "First time in the BIG city??" and "Have you never stayed at a nice hotel like this before?" SO incredibly rude. I have stayed at MANY nice hotels, 5 star hotels. Ritz Carlton, Hilton, etc....and have NEVER been treated this way. Ruined my evening. Brought me to tears. I will NEVER be back. And will NEVER refer this place to anyone. The definition of a HIGH CLASS HOTEL....is in how they treat their guests....not in their name or status. Horrible horrible HORRIBLE service. They should rethink the rude employee they have sitting at the desk. He was atrocious.

Room Tip: Avoid the check in desk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us at our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm sorry for the level of service that you encountered. In no way is that our standard at the Hotel. Our rooftop is an open air terrace and at the moment it is closed until warmer weather arrives in May 2014. At check-in we do authorize our guest's credit cards for the full amount of the stay in addition to an incidental authorization for mini bar items and valet parking. I hope you would reconsider and give our hotel a second chance to win you over!

T.312.335.5444
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We travelled from 5 to 10 Nov, 2013. My husband, 10 year old son and 6 month old twins:). We stayed in a king bed suite in the 11th floor. We also got a good deal for this suite.
The staff was polite, friendly, and helpful. The bell boys esp. The younger looking African American bellboy were very helpful and not expectant of any tips. Everything we requested was brought in a timely manner. The rooms were amazing. They were modern, very clean and very comfortable. Colours were well coordinated. The bathrooms were large and clean with an amazing big shower. Even my son who hates baths enjoyed it. The mirror tv was a plus for him. We were nervous about travelling with the twins but it turned out to be comfortable. We found to pack and plays already assembled and bedding already placed. The hotel is 2 blocks away from the mag mile, 15 min walk to navy pier and the lake. Lots of restaurants nearby including Yolk for breakfast and epic burger... My son's favourite. Every evening we got complimentary sweet treats in the room (make sure you eat them)- delicious as well as the temperature for the following day. Room service was at our convenience which was really neat. We all enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The only cons were valet parking which was $48/day plus tips, no pool but the bath tub did suffice and no hot water jug:(. Which we desperately need for the babies. However, most places are accessible by foot or public transportation and hot water was brought in as soon as it was requested.
I would definitely stay here again!!! Thank you all for the fab. Stay

Room Tip: Highest floor although the buildings around are very tall obstruct the view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel. I will be happy to pass along your kind words to our Bellman Hamza. Yolk is one of my favorites, so glad you have a chance to experience it. Thank you for the recommendation, we can't wait to see you again!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at the Ivy November 2012 for my birthday. I had ever heard of it before, but I'm glad I gave it a shot. The room was beautiful with the modern decor I like. I was able to walk to Water Tower Place and restaurants in the area. The staff was very nice and courteous and the guacamole was awesome!!! Definitely a top notch alternative to the large hotels in the area!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review about your stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm glad that you willing to take a chance on a boutique hotel and I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future!

Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Ivy Boutique Hotel and what a fabulous experience. The ambiance of the hotel, the size of the rooms, the high level of service only enhanced my trip. I would totally recommend this property. The location is perfect being two blocks from Michigan Ave. and high end shopping. Don’t forget that Chicago’s own Garrett’s Popcorn is one block away. I can’t wait to return!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on TripAdvisor, I glad to hear that our high level of service was noticed and helped to enhance your trip. We wish you would join us again on your next visit to Chicago!

T. 312.335.5444

Been to Ivy Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!