“Great Value - Groupon Used” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   233 E. Ontario St., Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Ranked #37 of 168 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Great Value - Groupon Used”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great hotel in a very good area just off of Michigan Ave. We were in town for a hockey game and really enjoyed the hotel and service. Upgrade to a suite room is a must. View in some of the rooms is not the best put what is in the room makes up for that. Thanks for the great service. Will even be better when the roof top bar is open!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a street view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed the King Suite and the service during your stay. I hope to see you this summer on the rooftop!

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wife received a great offer through Groupon so we planned a downtown Chicago outing the weekend of February 16th. Nothing bad to say. The room was large, the service was great. The room service for breakfast the following morning was prompt and on- time as requested. The hotel is in close proximity to some of the best restaurants, theater and the mag mile.

Room Tip: I hear the lowest floors may experience some of the street noises. We stayed on 14 and heard nothing...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel. Thank you for taking advantage of our Groupon promotion. I'm happy that everything during your stay was to your liking. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked my stay with a third party travel site(Jet Setter). When I arrived my reservation was not there. I tried to reach Jet Setter without any success. The weather that day was blowing snow & very cold. Ivy booked me in another room. Gave me complimentary wine and told me not to worry. The Ivy staff spent a day and a half on the phone(mostly on hold)with Jet Setter fixing my problem. Ivy succeeded! I was in a king suite which was beautiful. The bed was comfortable & the sheets were soft. Nightly a staff member brings small cookies & weather info for the next day. They make sure you have what you need before sleeping. Room service was excellent. I recommend the chicken Francisca and the lava cake. The hotel is small, which allows the staff to be very attentive. I use cabs, which were always available. However, the nearest train stop is .5 miles away. That is the only con amongst many many pros!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on your recent stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad we were able to straighten out your reservation difficulties. Thank you for dining with us at Restaurant Divine, on the lobby floor of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel real soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for Valentine's weekend and I can't say enough good things about this hotel! My boyfriend and I live in Chicago but decided we wanted a getaway for the weekend to relax. When booking the room I had purchased a romance package which was beautifully set in our room when we checked in. Champagne for two, chocolates, and roses... a great first impression! Overall the service was great - from checking in to concierge assistance and doormen, the staff seemed very attentive to guests. I would suggest trying out their preordered breakfast menu, especially if you don't want to leave the hotel for breakfast. It was nice to be spoiled for just a couple of short days, I will certainly be back to the IVY the next time I'm in need of an escape in my own city.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about you recent stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Romance Package that you purchased. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the hotel for you next staycation in Chicago.

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I got a groupon for the ivy hotel and were excited to be downtown during Valentine's day weekend. We were looking forwardto our stay but it was unfortunately extremely disappointing. The hotel and the rooms were beautiful but I wish I could say the same of the service. When we arrived we decided to use valet but the attendants were nowhere to be found. I guess they were busy but we waited in our car for several minutes no one came so we decided to go find them. Of course no apologies for the wait or a welcome to the hotel. The person who checked us in was ok but didnt seem to care to explain anything. We decided to eat in the lobby lounge and bartender barely acknowledged us. We waited a few minutes then pretty much had to call him over for him to pay attention and it wasn't exactly busy. I loved the hotel and the decor and the great location but service means everything so we will not be back.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment about your recent stay at the IVY Boutique Hotel. I'm sorry that the service you experienced was not up to par. This is not a normal occurrence and I do apologize. If you have a moment please contact me by email, I'd like to know more about your stay.

E. james@exploreivy.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I "ran away" for an early Valentine's weekend in downtown Chicago. I'd booked the Ivy back in September when they were offering a grand opening special through Bloomspot; figured it was low risk for trying out a new place. But I need not have worried in the least. The Ivy was awesome. We loved the sleek, modern design - minimalist but infused with warm woods, natural stone, and pops of color. The king suite was huge, especially for a downtown right off Michigan Avenue!. It was thoughtfully laid out, giving us a true "living area" separate from the bedroom. Nice big couch for movie lounging. Very comfortable Serta bed. Luxe bathroom. Room service had great food and came right on time. Tech amenities (e.g., 3 flat screens; iPod dock; remote controlled curtains). Spotlessly clean. Every single staff member was friendly and genuinely interested in providing concierge-level service. Excellent location surrounded by shopping, countless restaurants, etc. and only a 1 mile cab ride to the theatre district. Loved that we were supporting a locally-owned establishment with real personality (vs. a sterile, impersonal chain hotel). The Ivy is elegant with a chic vibe, and great staff to make it come alive!

Room Tip: Each floor only has 5 suites. We stayed on 11th floor facing Ontario St. - enjoyed the large window...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesCazares, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the kind words about our property and my staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel this summer I hope!

T. 312.355.5444
Fountain City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to the Ivy Hotel to celebrate my birthday. The hotel staff was wonderful!! When we arrived to our room there was a heart made of rose petals on our bed, candles, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and rose petals surrounding the beautiful bath. The bathroom was amazing with the rainforest shower, soaking tub and a TV in the bathroom mirror. The room was very clean and the area was very quiet. We will be going back to the Ivy Hotel very soon.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property, the IVY Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you enjoyed our guestroom on your birthday. The pictures you took look fantastic, thank you! Can't wait to welcome you back!

T. 312.335.5444

Been to Ivy Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!